Everyone has a mental list of those products that they re-purchase again and again because they know they can rely on them to perform. There are a few products that when applied can make you feel fantastic and that really is the holy grail of cosmetics. The application of these products shouldn't be complicated or take forever. In my eyes, the best products are the ones that are quick, effective and enjoyable to use. I have listed below my top 10 all time favourite products, commented on why I love them so much and detailed, where possible, which websites offer them at a discounted price:
1) St Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse - I have tried many tanning products and this remains the best I have tried. It dries in 60 secs so there's no sitting around in funny positions for ages, it gives you a gorgeous natural colour and it lasts for a long time. I get mine (240ml) for £25.00 from www.beautyflash.co.uk, which offers free gloves and free uk delivery.
2) Benefit High Beam - This is still my favourite highlighter for creating a dewy look to the skin. It's a pearlised pink liquid that can be used on the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose and on the brow bone to create a lovely sheen to the skin and stops your face from looking too matte. I love it and have been using it for about 5 years now. I get mine for £15.50 from www.lookfantastic.co.uk, which offers free uk shipping.
3) St Ives Apricot Scrub (Invigorating) - No matter how many face scrubs I try, I always come back to this one as it's such good value for money. It's great for every day use, lasts a long time and really refined the texture of your skin with prolonged use. You can also buy it in jar form if you want to use it on your body too. It's great for prepping your skin before tanning. I always find my skin glows when I use this product. I get it from www.amazon.co.uk for £4.39 (177ml tube) or £5.99 (296ml jar).
4) YSL Faux Cils Mascara in Black - I'm always on the look out for the next best mascara and although I do like Maxfactor 2000 Calorie and Loreal Voluminous, I always feel I'm getting something just that bit better when I buy this YSL mascara. I have fine lashes that aren't very thick or long and this mascara really lengthens and thickens them. I find it has good staying power and doesn't smudge. I always get a good deal at www.feelunique.com. It only costs £14.90 on that site and they do free delivery in the UK.
5) Lancome Star Bronzer Powder Compact (Dore) - I absolutely LOVE this bronzer and have been using it for about 4 or 5 years now. I almost cried when it seemed they had discontinued this amazing bronzer but hallelujah, they have started stocking it in stores again (the powder brush or variation on the lancome star bronzer compacts just aren't the same). The lighter shade Dore is just a lovely natural shade which enhances your tan without making it look orange or overdone. It has the tiniest shimmer in it which makes your skin look flawless and the Vitamin E in the formula leaves your skin silky soft. I have tried so many bronzers but none of them have lived up the this one. It doesn't seem to get mentioned much and is often overshadowed by the likes of Guerlain Terracotta or Nars Laguna but I have tried these bronzers and the Lancome one never ever goes patchy or looks too dark on my face. That's why it remains my favourite bronzer. It also lasts for ages (around 4-5 months) even when used every day. I haven't found a discounted price for this online as yet (by the time you add shipping, you're just as well buying from a department store or chemist but it's worth the pricetag people!!!). It costs about £29.00 in department stores.
6) YSL Touche Eclat - If you don't know what this product is or what it does then you must have been living on a different planet for the last few years. This is mentioned in so many magazines as a must have/cult product. I love it because I get dark circles under my eyes coz I have deep set eyes (a hereditory thing!) and this product is great at concealing this in a light way. I don't like under eye concealers to be too heavy or thick as it often feels horrible around the delicate skin there. This product is light and thin in texture but really does a good job of concealing dark circles. You can also use it down the bridge of your nose if you want it to look narrower, in the centre of your chin to disguise a protruding chin or around your lips to make them look fuller. A wonder product if ever I saw one! I get mine from www.feelunique.com for £16.50 with free delivery in the uk.
7) Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Mask - I discovered this product because when I went on holiday to Croatia last year, my highlighted hair got frazzled in the sun and this product was recommended to me by my hairdresser to repair the damage. As soon as I tried it, I fell in love with it. It's basically an intensive treatment that you can either comb through and leave on for ten minutes while you shower or leave on your hair with a towel round your head for 20 mins or so. The effects can be felt immediately. Your hair becomes so easy to untangle after a shower and it leaves your hair feeling so nourished, soft and shiny. I often find the likes of Pantene or Loreal intensive masks leave my hair too soft and my fine hair ends up feeling static and a bit "flyaway". The Aveda mask seems to condition my hair beautifully without making it too soft, which is ideal for my fine hair. Every time I use it, I have a good hair day as my hair just falls the way I want it to. It repaired the damage on my hair very fast and even my hairdresser was impressed at the results. I would recommend this product for people with fine or thick/curly hair as you can just leave it in for a bit longer to see more intensive results. It also lasts for a long time as you only need to use a small amount with each application. I get it from www.hairontheinternet.com for £15.99 (if you spend over £25 on the site, you get free delivery in the UK).
8) Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser - This is another product that has cult status and appears in many beauty columns in magazines. There's a good reason for this. I started using this because I suffered from eczema when I was younger and found alot of cleanser irritated my skin. My mum saw this product advertised on QVC (where it started out) and told me about it. Liz Earle has eczema and so she wanted to develop products that could be used to help and soothe the skin condition. I ordered some and remained sceptical as I had tried loads of stuff and nothing was delicate enough fo my skin. The cleanser comes with a muslin cloth and this is used to buff away the cleanser once it has been applied to the skin. The cleanser itself is thick in consistency and smells lovely. The ingredients are all organic and natural and so gentle on the skin. The first time I used it, my skin felt incredibly clean and smooth (the muslin cloth is a gentle way to slough away dry skin on the face). This replaces exfoliators for your face as it's an alternative for people who find exfoliators too abrasive for their face. With regular use, this method of cleansing gives you really clear, smooth sking and it's a great prep before putting on make-up as you're creating a really clean, even base for your foundation. I have used it religiously ever since that first tube I bought. My boyfriend even uses the men's one and finds it has cleared up his skin with regular use (and he is by no means into 'new man' grooming by the way!). Try this product and I am sure you will love it! You can only purchase Liz Earle products from QVC or her website. A starter kit which includes a 100ml pump and 2 muslin cloths is £12.50, which I think is very reasonable, given that it lasts a long time.
9) L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil - This was another product that I tried to soothe my skin problem. I can't tell you how much I love this product, it's just pure luxury. It's a shower oil that tranforms into a lovely lather and it smells gorgeous. Once showered, you just pat your body dry and it negates the need for moisturising your body afterwards as the oil does that for you. I hate products that leave me with an oily feeling on my skin but this shower oil just leaves a thin veil which makes your skin feel like satin. Your skin is touch dry but you can feel it's moisturised. It's a real pampering product that is just such a delight to use. It is quite expensive for what you get as I often find that it only lasts me a month but I just love this product so much that I'm willing to shell out for it. I get it from www.feelunique.com for £14.20 with free delivery.
10) Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream - This is another luxury product that I only get when I'm feeling flush! I first tried it when my mum started using it and her supply quickly dwindled as a result. It's been mentioned many times in magazines as a wonder anti ageing cream but at 26, that's not my priority really. What this cream offers for younger women is refining of texture, hydration, smoothness and an even skin tone. I love this cream and it breaks my heart that I can only afford it sometimes but I really enjoy using it when I can. Elemis does so many great products and the Papaya Enzyme mask deserves a mention for the best radiance mask around. I get my fix from www.lookfantastic.co.uk as they quite often do free gifts with purchases over £50. I normally but the gift sets as you get alot more for your money. For example, you get gift sets that offer Pro Collagen Eye Renewal (5ml), Pro Collagen Quartz Lift Serum (10ml), Pro Collagen Marine Cream (30ml), Pro Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream (15ml), Pro Collagen Lifting Treatment (15ml) and Pro Collagen Quartz Lift Mask (15ml) for a total of £65. The marine cream alone costs £50 for 30ml so you're getting alot for your money.
I would encourage everyone to try out these products as I'm sure you won't be disappointed!