Thursday, 11 June 2009

Help me decide!

I have a wedding reception coming up on 1 August and even though I have something to wear at the back of my wardrobe...I've been lusting after this Coral Reiss dress...ahhhh....sorry, was doing it again there! I have also made public my desire for the Cream Faith platform sandals pictured here as well. There's a nice round bag in Reiss that would be perfect but it's £79 and I think this Cream Bow Bag from Accessorize for £22 could do the job just as well. I wanted to add another dimension of colour to the outfit so I'm thinking of adding touches of this aqua marine colour by adding the Cuff from Coast and this pendant from www.asos.com. What do you all think of this outfit? Is it appropriate for a wedding reception? I really wanted to wear something fresh and bright and this coral colour tends to suit me. I did think about adding gold accessories but I think the aquamarine adds something a bit different. What do you think?

13 comments:

  1. I know, it's just gorgeous and I love the colour...can't wait to get it. It's on sale at the moment for £156 but I can't get it until the end of the month so I hope it's still there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I'd wear the necklace and leave the cuff as the colours aren't quite the same.

    Fab dress, you'll look gawwwwwwwwwwwwgeous in it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did think that too actually...plus it's maybe best to keep it simple since the dress has quite a bit of detail on it...thanks for the input! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I think that outfit is sublime! The turquiose necklace will offset the coral beautifully...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I thought, I wanted to choose another bright colour that would compliment it and the necklace is only about £12 from www.asos.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the things you picked out! Totally appropriate for a summer wedding reception :) I love the bow purse, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the dress is beautiful,and definetly appropriate for a wedding reception, especially this time of year. It reminds me a little of the Matthew Williamson dress that's been seen on a few celebs, Cheryl Cole and Eva Longoria both wore it. Maybe it's just the colour. Cheryl wore hers with fuschia accessories, which I would've thought clashed but it actually worked really well. Maybe you could try that out, although I really like your idea with the blue! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Onyx - Yeah I loved that coral Matthew Williamson dress with the beading at the pockets...beautiful!Fuschia could work...I will investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sandra - I'm glad you like the outfit...I love summery colours...the bow bag just looked so sweet, it really appealed to me and it will go with so many things

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfit, definitely wedding appropriate! ;)

    Personally I 'd go the safer-more boring way (gold accessories, maybe a gold bangle bracelet), but what you 've picked there works well too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did think about going down the gold accessories road as that's what I'd normally do then I decided I wanted to do something different and be a bit bolder...the fuschia accessories that Cheryl Cole was rocking with her Matthew Williamson dress would certainly be a statement!ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)