Thursday, 18 June 2009

I love winged eye liner!

Winged eyeliner is probably one of my all time favourite looks...I love it coz you can be subtle with it or go all out and make it dramatic. You can also add it to a smokey eye for extra definition. I think it's such a classic look and a great way of making your eyes look bigger AND it looks amazing teamed with a nude lip! I am always on the look out for a good liquid liner. I gotta say that I still prefer the precise application of liquid liner rather than gel...maybe controversial but I think everyone has their preference on what works for them. I just find the colour is more dense with liquid liners and it's a lot easier to get a precise line. I'm loving Loreal Super Liner in Carbon Black (used in the pic) and also MAC Penultimate Liner (although that one does dry out very quickly. I'm on the look out for good bronze, brown, navy and pewter coloured liquid liners to mix up the look a little. I want to try out a navy smokey eye, a more intense bronze eye and a nice silver metallic eye too. I will be stocking up on products at the end of the month for these looks. Does anyone have any recommendations for liquid liners in various colours?

13 comments:

  1. Your eyeliner looks amazing! I have tried over and over again to get this look with no luck :( My MAC Fluidline turns into one big black mess around my eye no matter what brush I use and my lancome liquid liner does not do much better!

    I am going to look into the two you mentioned, especially the Loreal one. I will master this look, haha.

    What are you wearing on your eyes and lips? The whole look is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, it took me a while to master the liquid eyeliner, it's just practice and a steady hand. The Loreal Super Liner is amazing coz it's like a felt tip pen and really easy to apply!The eyeshadow is All That Glitters by Mac, I used the Prestige Skin Lovings Minerals in Pure Shimmer (show in a haul in a previous post) on my browbone and my cheekbones - AMAZING product. Then just the liquid eyeliner and Chanel Glossimer lipgloss in 127 - very simple look but I think it's nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! I heart the prestige pure shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I haven't mastered this eyeliner technique at all.

    One more day till your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous!! your wings are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try the liquidlast from MAc- thought make sure you know how to work them since they don't come off easy! Or if you have access to GOSH they make pretty much the same thing but in more colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Monica - Thanks for the comment, Prestige Bronzers are great too!

    @Michelle - I am so excited about my holiday it's unreal!Persevere with the liquid liner, it takes a while but once you get the hang of it, it's easy! x

    @Holly - Thanks for the comment and compliment x

    @LindseyLoodles - I have heard alot of people talking about MAC Liquidlast...I will have to investigate!GOSH sounds like a good idea too, I can easily get hold of those. Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your eyeliner is perfect! Looks lovely.xx

    http://lilyloveslola.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Victoria - Thanks for the comment!Appreciate you taking the time to read my posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love loreal superliner...it took me a month to find one though... x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I 'm afraid I have no recommendations...
    just to say that I love your eyeliner there...wish I could get it to look like that (I 'm using gel though...lol)!!! But seriously, so pretty! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my favorite looks too! A great place to get gel liners is at coastalscents.com (http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1663). They have an awesome selection of colors and they are comprobable to MAC quality for a much lower price! I recently bought Indigo Blue and I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will definitely check that out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)