Thursday, 9 July 2009

Sleek Palettes and Wonderlast lipgloss

Hi everyone, the lovely Leon at the Sleek PR department was kind enough to send me these three things to test and review on my blog for free! I love getting free stuff! It's made my day. The first product is the new I-Divine Safari eyeshadow palette and I can see that all the colours are wearable and there's a good mix of neutrals and splashes of colour to play around with. I can't wait to try this one out! I love the four shades on the right hand side...gorgeous! I will have to do a FOTD with some of the shades. These are my first Sleek make up products and after all the buzz from other bloggers, I'm looking forward to jumping on the bandwagon!
The next thing they sent me was the I-Divine Acid eyeshadow palette and I have to say that, being a neutrals/metallics/pastels kinda gal, the four neon shades in the middle scare the bejesus outta me but in the name of beauty blogging I will attempt to make at least one of them work for me! I reckon I could do a nice smokey eye with the blues and black and maybe a brighter fun look with the purples. It's great that they give you a highlight colour and black defining shadow in each palette. Apologies for the pic from the net, I only had time to take a pic of the Safari palette.
I was also sent a Wonderlast lipgloss in Eternal Jewel which is a double ended wand with a lipgloss on one side and a sealant gloss on the other. It's alot like the ones you get from brands like Maxfactor or Revlon. I will be also testing this product out. Swatches of all palettes and the lipgloss will follow tonight my lovelies so you can see for yourself what the shades look like.
If anyone has tried these already and has any recommendations on what colours combinations go well together, please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing from all you guys!

15 comments:

  1. Ooh freebies! I haven't got any of these palettes but I'm defo going to get the Safari one. It's the best out of them all,in my opinion.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon you are the only person in Aberdeen to have these, Superdrug aren't taking them in =(. I am still on a conquest to get the acid one.

    Can't wait to see the swatches tho. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I think I probably am. I haven't seen them in Superdrug yet. So you're an Aberdeen lass too eh?Small world! I will swatch the palettes asap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm jealous! Can't wait to see what looks you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky you!! the new palettes look great x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous!!!! I got the safari one last week and was super excited as according to the Superdrug magazine it was supposed to be out until this week. I guess they must have put it out early. Anyway I love it and I love the Original and Storm palettes too, they have similar colours. Lucky you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a N.A.O. green that I think is about the same color as in Divine Acid. I like to wear it with a pale pink. Actually, I have it on in profile pic but it's too small to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure am, born and bred lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look fabulous, im going to have to try to get hold of one! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are way too quick:) I just got this palette on my lunch break!! I will be doing a look using it tonight xxx How will you be wearing it pretty lady.

    Kisses and Hugs form London,

    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ xCharleym0ox - they look great and I've heard rave reviews about Sleek palettes from other bloggers so I'm really excited to try the out!

    @ Moni - Thanks for the lovely message...hugs right back at ya!I take it you got the Safari palette?I want to try out the neutral shades (the four on the right) first to see how they compare to eyeshadows I currently use. I will probably do a few looks on different posts...you'll all be bored to tears by the time I'm finished.ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im so excited for you! The sleek palettes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Sara - thanks for the comment, I am excited for me too!ha ha. With all those colours in the palette, there's so many options!

    ReplyDelete
  14. everyone is talking about these, i had to get myself the Storm set as it has dark and natural colours to create a smoky eye or a more natural look.
    www.kristinabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)