Sunday, 10 January 2010

Estee Lauder Eyeliners and Shadowsticks

I was really chuffed to be sent these products by Estee Lauder to try. I had read alot about their Double Wear Eye Pencils and I know they have been awarded best buys in magazines quite a few times. I was also sent two Shadow Sticks and an eyeshadow blending brush.
Here's a closer look at the blending brush which is just brilliant for blurring any harsh lines and making your eyeshadow look seamless when you're blending shades together. The bristles are really soft and perfect for working into the crease... The two Shadow Sticks are in Silver Lilac and Golden Peach. The liners are in Onyx, Black Plum and Bronze...
I was immediately attracted to the Black Plum shade which is so unique and unlike anything else I have in my collection, it's such a gorgeous colour. Here are the swatches...
I just wanted to give you an idea of what the Black Plum Double Wear Liner looks like when applied, it has a metallic sheen to it that's just beautiful...
The eye pencils are so soft and smooth to apply, they are on par , if not better tha Urban Decay 24/7 liners. Now I know why people rave about these liners. The Onyx one is super dense black and the bronze one is gorgeous too (although I already have Urban Decay Bourbon and that's pretty much exactly the same). These liners are a pleasure to use, last all day with minimal or no smudging. Love them!
I wasn't as impressed with the Shadow Sticks, I loved the colours and the sheen they have to them but they were quite difficult to apply, they dragged my eyelid and not that much colour transferred to my lid in the process. Not very practical! It's easier to apply it to the inner corners or brow bone as you need a bone behind the skin to provide support (if that makes sense). When you press them against your eye lid, you can't press too hard as, well, it would bloody hurt! You don't want to be poking your eyes out! So I just couldn't get them to work for me, I even tried applying them to the back of my hand and applying it with my finger but nope, didn't work either.

11 comments:

  1. I love the look of the purple liner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love estee lauder - the dw cream shadows are lovely... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Estee Lauder but the pencils I have really drag on my lids and sometimes I just don't have time to hairdry the end so it's soft when it goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - Have you tried the Double Wear Pencils? Mine are as smooth as butter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the review! It was very helpful :)

    Black Plum is DIVINE on you!!!!

    I nominated you for an award, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purple liner looks amazing on you, I love it!
    I've nominated you for "Beautiful Blogger Award" check out my post on your blog. Hope the snows not too bad in Scotland it's horrible down here!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the liner in Bronze and love it, Black Plum looks beautiful will be on my list for defo now!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try the plum and bronzer colors. The plum looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Running to store to check out Black Plum now! LOL. You are a true enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Shangr-La - Black Plum is unlike anything else I own, I love how sheeny it is, it reflects the light beautifully and creates a really soft look to the eye, I have worn it three days in a row now!

    @Michelle - Don't hate the enabler, hate the game!ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)