Wednesday, 20 January 2010

More Wedding Stuff and My Weightloss Challenge

I have decided on my colour scheme for the venue now...it will be ivory dressed tables/chair covers with pale apple green organza runners on the tables and matching ties for the chair covers. The centrepieces will alternate between tall lily vases.... And 3 varying sizes on each table of martini style glass vases with floating tea lights in them, the tallest will have ivy trailing down it....
I also want to get these gorgeous hourglass candle holders because I love the fact that you can enclose a fresh flower in the bottom section...how beautiful...I have decided on a cake as well. I will be getting a cake from M & S Wedding Cakes for £199 (well I think it will be just as nice as a £600 one from a cake maker!). My florist has agreed to add this design to it, which I love because of the tumbling thistles...
I love all the organisational side of things, planning flowers and pretty things. It's slowly coming together and I want to enjoy every second leading up to it as well as the big day itself. The best thing about the whole wedding is that I am getting the best husband and mother & father in law I ever could have wished for. They truly are wonderful people so I am very lucky that I will be a part of their family.
On my weightloss journey, I have shed 2 stone 3lbs so far (that's 31lbs) and I still want to lose another stone before the big day in August. I figured if I lose 1lb per week then I can comfortably achieve my goal (allowing for off days in the coming months). I also don't want to set my wedding day as my overall goal as I have made a change in my lifestyle and I want to uphold that. I haven't been on any crazy diets or pills or anything. My weight loss has purely been from eating smaller portions (a side plate full of dinner instead of a big plate) and going to the gym 5 times a week (doing cardiovascular and light weights). I haven't been able to go to the gym for the past 3 days as I've been struck down with another cold but hopefully by the weekend I will be well enough to start going again.

13 comments:

  1. The Martini style glass vases are so Beautiful what a great Idea I love it it's so peaceful...
    You are going to be a Fabulous bride =)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cake is beautiful!
    i love reading about all the wedding stuff :) congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome reading about your weight loss! you're going to look amazing on your day! love the color scheme as well. so fresh, clean, and very classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks gorgeous! I'm a total wedding freak, though I'm far from getting married (only 21 you see) but I think a part of me secretly wants to become a wedding planner. I follow some wedding blogs and my favourite one is so inspiring - I have already pulled so many ideas for my future wedding should it happen. It's www.jldesigns.blogspot.com I hope you like it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved planning my wedding, its so exciting! The hourglass candle holders are SO pretty and practical. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Laura! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hourglass candle holders too! So pretty!
    Congratulations on your weightloss! Although you seem so skinny already! :S Where did you take it from? ;) Either way, you are going to have one amazing day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like your wedding is going to be beautiful.

    Good for you with your weight loss. It sounds like you are on the right track. If you want a little extra push as you get closer to the big day, I'd recommend Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred. I'm using it to tone up, and I'm noticing a difference after just about a week. The plan was to complete all three levels before my wedding in April, but I don't know if I'll need to do that much work.

    Keep the details coming; I'm really excited to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know M&S did wedding cakes! Thanks for sharing these bits of your wedding with us, it's really exciting to read! Hope you feel better soon.

    http://emeraldgreen88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much everyone for your lovely comments, it's really nice to share all these details of my wedding with you guys. I checked out www.jldesigns.blogspot.com and there's soooo many beautiful inspirational wedding pics...I was ooohing and ahhhing over it for ages.I'm trying to enjoy it every step of the way because I know the day will pass in a flash

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a huge fan of floating candles! Those are a must for your wedding. :D

    Congratulations on your weight loss! My ten year high school reunion is this year, and I want to lose about 30 pounds before I go. Your story is inspiring! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hourglass candle holders are to die for!!!!!!!

    You have lost a good amount of weight, congrats! I'm glad you're being healthy about it too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it all its soo classy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)