Tuesday, 16 March 2010

MAC Haul!

I was NOT impressed when I came home to find the DHL man squashing my precious MAC package through the letterbox! I almost snatched it off him! That really annoyed me that he was taking no care whatsoever with my goods...I mean, I have paid a handsome sum for these products and he was haphazardly forcing them through the door! He just said "well, you weren't in...so what was I supposed to do?"...eh, deliver it to a neighbour...leave a card! What an idiot! Ok, grumble over...but if he had shattered any of the products, I would definitely have been making a complaint!

Ok...I'm back in my happy place now...here are my goodies... I had a real urge to splurge so I got:

E/s in Crystal, Mulch, Honey Lust, Shimmermoss & Gesso
Lipstick in Pretty Please
Lipglass in Pink Lemonade
Penultimate Eye Liner
Moisturecover Concealer in NW20
Fluidline in Blitz & Glitz
Cremesheen Glass in Fashion Scoop
Lip Pencil in Naked Line
Paint Pot in Soft Ocre
I had wanted to get Gesso ever since I saw the amazing look that Alpha Blonde a.k.a. Aleksis created with Parfait Amour e/s. I can't wait to play with it now! Everyone talks about Mulch being a gorgeous brown and it really is. I wanted to get Crystal to complete my purples collection...it will be a great base for a purple smokey eye!
Shimmermoss has always appealed to me. It's just such a lovely colour and I think Gesso could also be used with this to create a really interesting look for summer! Honey Lust just looked so pretty on some of the swatches that I had seen...it would be rude not to get it!
I looooove the Fashion Scoop Cremesheen, it's such a pretty baby pink colour and a perfect gloss to go over Pretty Please. I really like the consistency of these, they really do live up to their name! I may have to get a back up because I just know this will end up being a fave of mine. The Pink Lemonade Lipglass was alot brighter than I anticipated but I love it all the same. It will be gorgeous in the summer months worn with Honey Lust eyeshadow and golden skin.
Pretty Please is a lovely subtle glaze of a lipstick, just a touch of girly pink. It's another lipstick that can only be applied to really smooth lips though. Better get the lip scrub out again! I have wanted to try a MAC lipliner for a long time to see how they compare to my fave Estee Lauder ones. I really like the super natural colour of Naked and it will be perfect for accentuating my pout without looking too obvious.
Since I love Fluidline in Blacktrack so much, I have been coveting it's disco cousin...Blitz and Glitz! It is shot with gold pearl so it will be perfect for nights out on the town when I want a bit of extra glamour. I just HAD to pick up another Penultimate Eye Liner as it's just the easiest way to create neat flicks at 6:30am in the morning. A couple of my friends have tried it and love it too. I always think it's great for beginners.
I had seen Kandee The Makeup Artist talking about how Soft Ocre is the best Paint Pot to buy, rather than Painterly as Soft Ocre is yellow based and is better for covering up redness on the eyelids and just brightening the eye area overall. I guess this makes sense since Painterly is more pink based. I will be trying this out soon to test the theory! I have heard so many people raving about Moisturecover Concealer that I finally caved in and got it. A review will follow in the coming days!
I always get so excited when I know I'm getting a MAC package in the post! Let's hope that next time the DHL guy refrains from trying to crush all my lovely products!
Have you experienced anything like this before?

23 comments:

  1. Amazing haul! I love Pretty Please, it's gorgeous layered over another nude colour like Hue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when they do that to my packages it almost break my heart lol. But your goodies were stronger than him !!!! fabulous haul !

    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your haul! I'd love to get Mulch, Honey Lust and Fashion Scoop :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great haul!! Love all your things :)
    I just got the lipliner Naked too, but I must say I'm really wanting that lipstick. Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @India - I love big splurges...I can't wait to use it all!Pretty Please is just gorgeous..I never thought about layering it with other nudes! Will try it! Thanks!

    @Hollywood - I was so angry when I saw the box was getting all torn and mishapen in the letterbox and he was putting his body weight behing it and shoving it through...I ran up the stairs and was like "woaaaaahhhh!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing haul! fotd's please!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lydia - don't worry...I will TOTALLY be doing a couple of FOTD's using these products!Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul and lovely pics to show us the goodies! Enjoy the stuff hon!!! :) You will be playing for a while!! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is amazing that none of the eyeshadows broke! lovely items :) Mulch is one of my favorite crease colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful choices hun!! I love the choice of colours for the eyeshadows, enjoy creating looks with your new goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you order these from MAC Pro or was it just normal MAC? I really want to get my hands on Soft Ochre aswell as Painterly is far too pink for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, now that is what I call a haul!!! I think I need Pretty Please in my life

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great haul i love pretty please liptsick :) and gesso eyeshadow is awesome!

    yourztrulyjess@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhhh fabulous box of treats =D
    i was torn between shimmermoss and aquadisiac (i went with aqua) but i think shimmermoss looks alot like flipside....? please do a fotd with it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great haul! I really want to pick up Fashion Scoop as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mulch is hands down my favorite eyeshadow. I use it in almost every makeup look, regardless of what other colors I use. It's just an amazing versatile eyeshadow. I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats such a good haul,i got pretty please and fashion scoop, and you are so right it goes great together...gotta try some of these eyeshadows though :)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG I love the first two colors

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I'm gonna put parfait+shimmermoss+satin taupe+nake into my mac palette.
    what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  20. My MAC order suffered the same fate at the hands of DHL today too!
    It might be worth dropping MAC an email- I did and got a lovely reply. I wasn't trying to get compensation or anything, just making them aware of how crap DHL are! The more people let MAC know about it, the more likely DHL are going to have to pull the socks up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hate it when delivery men do that!! Luckily I get all my stuff delivered to work so there's less of a chance of something breaking.
    I like Soft Ochre, but don't love it. I think I prefer Painterly =/ Sadly, I'm an idiot and bought both and returned Painterly, what was I smoking?! I should've just kept both. I need to pick up Mulch asap!

    Great haul, I so want more e/s's, I know I don't own enough!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)