Thursday, 8 April 2010

Plastic Surgery going out of fashion?

I was reading an article the other day about how studies show that plastic surgery is slowly going out of fashion and the general public are swaying more towards the more natural looking celebrities. Now I am not saying that the natural looking celebs haven't had something done because the top plastic surgeons in the USA have, more than once, confirmed that 99% of celebs have had SOMETHING done. In my opinion, that's fine, if tweaking a small part of your face makes you happier and more confident, then I think that's perfectly understandable. Some people have crooked noses, hooded eyes and protruding ears that they want to get 'fixed'.

The pics below show the changing faces of Heidi over the course of the last few years... However, I do think that alot of celebs like Heidi Montag from The Hills take it way too far. She has managed to completely remove any character from her face and she looks like a totally different person altogether! To me, she just looks really fake, like a Barbie doll and that's not a good thing. Her face looks expressionless and I don't think she looks any happier than before (she actually looks miserable in all the pics I have seen of her lately!). She also looks alot older than her 23 years...
When you think about it, who IS 100% happy with the way they look? I have always hated the little bump I have in my nose but as I have grown older, I have realised that it's imperfections like these that make me who I am and make my face more interesting. When you're picking your features out of a plastic surgeon's book, you're going to end up looking like everyone else who has had surgery and where's the fun in that? I celebrate being an individual and let's face it, the world would be a boring place if we were all the same! This post isn't about bashing anyone who has had or intends to have plastic surgery. I just think you have to consider your choices very carefully and try to maintain who you are, instead of trying to achieve the idealistic idea of how you think you should look.


Heidi had 10 procedures in one day and I don't know about you, but judging from the before and after pics below, I much prefer the way she looked pre-surgery!
I don't particularly like the image that Heidi has portrayed over the years and she never comes across as the sharpest tool in the box (I can't comment on how she is off camera obviously). However, I do think it's sad that an attractive girl has permanently ruined her looks because she felt that she wasn't good enough. I just hope that young girls who look up to her don't think that this is normal!

What do you guys think about Heidi's surgery? Would you ever consider having something done?

26 comments:

  1. I never actually knew her so it's hard for me to geth the full jist of the before and after because I had never seen her! But honestly they look like two different people. She looks like those 40 year old rich mums who get lots of surgery to still look you; which in my book is not a very good look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared by this sort of things...I think she looks really awful and disturbing because looking at her makes me think about what she suffer to reach that result.
    she looks like a 40 woman,she looks fatter and fake and she can't even properly smile.
    and the worst thing of all is that she can't go back.she can only go forward and make situation worst.
    this is not a matter of plastic surgery,this is a matter a mental insanity!
    thank you for this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her surgery doesn't look 'surgery gone wrong' but she looked sooooooooo much better before. Now, she looks a lot older than 23. I was actually thinking a few days ago that people who want their face perfect, want every separate feature perfect. If you have every feature of your face/body altered to look perfect, you end up not looking perfect because they don't all work together. Some people may have a quirky nose or smile, but it fits their face. She is so young as well, she now looks like she's in her late 30s.
    Oh and I would consider having something done if I felt that it needed 'tweaking' and would give me more confidence. I would never have anything too OTT like change the whole shape of my nose etc.. I still want to look like me.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she looks monstrous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked her nose job but now she looks ridiculous. The boobs especially are a joke! What a shame... :( x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she looks twice her age and had absolutely no personality!!! I think she was pretty before, now I feel sorry for her !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think she took it too far.. in the before picture she still has the same face shape and the features as basically the same but in the latest one she looks like a completely different person, I didn't even regonise her. Plus she looks about 10 years older than she is. I agree with what you said, its a shame that someone so prett could even see their face as a flaw

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she looks terrible now, and those boobs are absolutely ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a shame as the middle pic, after the had a nose job and a small boob job she looked great, much more confident and happier than before, now she looks so shiny like a robot. Although I saw that advert with her hamming it up about the surgery so I spose at least she has a sense of humour about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so agree with you on this! I recently saw a picture of Heidi the other week and was godsmacked at what she had done to herself. I think it is ok to have surgery but not over the top surgery!
    I hope girls dont look to her as a role model either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. she looks scary...I'm 23 too, and I think that this plastic surgery abuse is quite sad..I'm not perfect, but I wouldn't want to look like that!

    I think plastic surgery is ok if you really have a problem with one of your features and it makes your life miserable, but just think about how many touch ups she's gonna need in the future!
    I wouldn't wanna be a "slave" to the body that I've "built myself"...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think she did need a nose job though

    ReplyDelete
  13. she looked great in the 'before' pic, I think she'd had a small boob and nose job and it was fine + discreet. Now she's gone OTT and does look like a monster.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked how she looked prior to any surgery but after the first one she defiantly looked more glamorous with her nose slightly slimmer and a descent sized breast cup but now she look like a 40 year old who wanted to look younger. so sad she should of stopped the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay is it just me or did you have something done to her eyes? No her brows, but her actual eyes look much bigger? So weird! I agree with Louise..when you try to make things look 'perfect' all together it ends up looking wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Aleksis - Yes she has had a brow lift and also fat injected around her eyes...well spotted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. whoa!? heidi had another surgery done!? i'd much prefer to keep everything natural. I'm happy w/ what God has blessed me w/. I think every women is beautiful inside out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to have a few different procedures done like heidi if only i had the money and i think i would look a hell of alot better for it but unlike heidi i look hideous as i am now whereas she was pretty and looked like the girl next door - I have had my nose straighten but not happy with it still and i would have liposuction and a face job and i'm 26 ... I shouldn't admit it but im insecure about my looks in a big way...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heidi must have gone completely crazy. She used to be such a cute girl in the very beginning of the hills but now she looks kind of ridiculous with her baloon like boobs and the ever changing face. I think it's just sad that she feels any need to do things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've recently had some Plastic Surgery Birmingham, but I think it is far too much for what she has had. On the magazine spread I much prefer how she was on the left than on the right. They say it's more about a confidence of being in yourself. I would love to know the psychology behind it, but I think those who have only had one or two procedures would seem to be far happier in themselves and confident than those who have had a number of cosmetic procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Plastic surgery can boost confidence and makes people appreciate themselves even more. But too much is bad. There are a lot of celebrities that had gone too many surgeries and became a clown face after. It is because their surgeon doesn't care to anything but money. Unlike Bay Area cosmetic surgeons, they advise their patients with right procedures to enhance their looks and not ruin it. A Bay Area cosmetic surgeon cares more about his reputation and integrity than financial wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmm, we can't blame Heidi if she has a goal to be the living Barbie doll. But she looks better in some pictures that she has. We can't tell her to stop, since Hollywood is more about that.

    Katie Hallison

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am speechless after seeing these pictures! I love them all! I teach kindergarten and I'm going to make a theme, and photographs have given me so many ideas! You are so talented! Thanks!
    Plastic Surgery

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)