Thursday, 16 September 2010

80's Fancy Dress Ideas?

Hey everyone,

I've just been invited to an 80's themed fancy dress party for my lovely friend, Nassim's 30th birthday.  I was so excited when I heard the theme because there's endless possibilities of who I could go as.  At first I thought I would just go with the ra-ra skirt, neon highlights in my (crimped) hair, fishnet gloves and stockings, crazy makeup, etc, etc.  But, I kinda want to be a bit more original than that.  Here's a few ideas I've had...

SHE-RA (80's cartoon, female version of He-Man)

JEM (80's cartoon..she's the one with the pink hair!)

Madonna in the 80's

Robert Palmer 'Addicted To Love' Girl

Debbie Harry (Blondie)

Help me out here girls...who should I go as??? I could have some proper fun with some of those make up looks (that's the part I'm most excited about..I know...I'm a big geek!).  There's a few there that I would definitely need a wig for as well!

13 comments:

  1. Think you could totally rock the Blondie look. I freaking loved Jem! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. madonna madonna madonna madonna!! that picture is awesome! definitely something i'd love to dress up like too :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go with Jem! But am I crazy or didn't one of the girls have a blue star around her eye? That'd be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Adam Ant (I know he's a guy, but his outfits and make up were pretty cool!)
    I was going to say Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan, until I spotted your pic of her haha!
    And I love Jem!! She-ra is a pretty cool idea too!
    xXx
    http://prettythingsandoldbeans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. go with blondie! :)
    Olivia x
    www.something-like-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cyndi Lauper is always a classic ;]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jem and the Holograms- definitely. She was the ultimate rock-cartoon chic! Sooo 80's in my opinion- and calls for a rad wig, which is so much fun to wear. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll find the largest selection of fancy dress outfits online including thousands of costumes for seasonal events as well as all year themes. Great range of party costumes and accessories and ensure you get them in time even if you are a little last minute placing your order. I'm sure you will find one that will suit your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. id forgot about JEM! Thanks for bring back some childhood memories

    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are looking for cheap fancy dress costumes. Perhaps costumes that you do not necessarily want to hand on to after you have used them once or twice, then you can easily find these if you know where to look. You need not spend a lot of money on a premium costume unless you really have to.

    Fancy Dress Costumes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Madonna seems to be the real trend for fancy dress in women atm, maybe its just me noticing though...lol. I think you can pull it off :)

    Fancy Dress

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)