Monday, 31 January 2011

My Favourite Night-time Treatments

I have always been meticulous when it comes to making sure my skin has been thoroughly cleansed, toned and moisturised.  Night time is when your skin rejuvenates and repairs itself so it's really important to make sure you're making the most of it if you want good skin.

I have a skincare/hair routine that I go through every night before bed and it never takes more than about 20 mins.  This routine ensures that my skin and hair always look their best and I have a few stand out products that really make a big difference.


The first one is a product that I was sent some time ago and it's Rodial's Glamtox night, a gel formulation that "contains a gentle retinol which works to re-surface, thicken and plump the skin whilst reducing pore size. The skin will gain an energized and radiant glow come morning. glamtox night also works to strip away hyperpigmentation creating a light and bright skin tone".  This treatment is mega expensive at £90.00 and to be honest I would only buy this as a HUGE treat for myself because it's hard to justify buying skincare for that amount of money.  I've been using it for around 7 weeks now and I have definitely noticed that my skin looks more radiant, plumped and even. 

If you feel like £90.00 is way out of your price range, and let's face it, most people wouldn't want to pay that much for a serum, then Rodial do a sample pack of the product (containing 10 x 1ml sachets) for £10.50.  I think this would be a great way to determine whether this product is for you and also you could just use it once or twice a week as a skin boost instead of using it every single night.  When my one runs out I will be doing exactly that!  I find that you only need half a pump of the gel because a little goes a long way.


Next up is my favourite brand of soap/moisturiser, Dove.  I will ONLY use Dove soap and I use the Dove Body Silk Cream on my face every morning because it lasts forever, keeps my skin super soft and makes a great non-greasy base for makeup.  For an extra boost of hydration, I use Dove Rich Moisturising Creme before bedtime if my skin is feeling a bit parched.  It's great value for money because you get a big 150ml tin for only £1.99 and you only need a small amount for each application.  It's great for areas of the body that are prone to dryness like elbows and knees.


My favourite body moisturiser is Origins Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Cream but only as a night-time treat fot my skin as the fragrance would probably interfere with my perfume.  I know whenever I apply this before bedtime, I will wake up with silky smooth skin and a gorgeous warm aroma of lemon and ginger.  The scent is something I never get sick of, it's just so yummy!  This is the perfect body cream to apply just after exfoliation because it's easily absorbed and very rich.


My feet always need that extra helping hand to stay smooth and soft because I'm a high heels fan.  My feet can get battered sometimes so it's important to get the PedEgg and foot file out every week.  In between this though, it's great to apply a rich foot cream to keep the skin as hydrated as possible.  My foot cream of choice is Soap & Glory Heel Genius because it always leave my feet feeling refreshed, hydrated and smelling lovely.  It's a great foot cream to apply before slipping on some cotton socks to further intensify the treatment.  It's the best foot cream I have found to date and this is my third tube of the stuff!


I apply lip balm every single night because I hate having flaky lips, which often happens in winter.  I haven't suffered from that in a long time because this Korres Guava Lip Butter keeps my lips incredibly soft and smooth.  I adore these lip butters and have them in a few different shades because they are just such a pleasure to use.  Your lips instantly feel better when you apply them and the Shea Butter and Rice Wax work their magic in no time.  I slather on a thick layer to my lips just before bed and ALWAYS have one of them in my bag when I go about my daily business.  In my opinion, these are the best tinted  lip balms in the medium price range of £6.00.  You have to try them! My favourites are the Guava, Jasmine and Pomegranate ones.


When it comes to "that time of the month", I sometimes get a breakout or two on my jawline and they are always those really sore spots that seem to take ages to go away.  I always rely on an aspirin mask to get rid of them but it's always nice to be able to apply something before your makeup to prevent and further infection or irritation.  By doubling up your defences, the blemishes will vanish even quicker...this is especially important when you have a special event to go to.  Spots can really dent your confidence and you get paranoid that everyone is looking at it/them.  I have found that Origins Spot Remover Anti-Blemish Treatment Gel is fabulous at reducing the size and redness of spots when worn in the daytime and at night.  It contains Salicylic Acid, Witch Hazel, Oregano and Clove Buds to "zoom in on even the angriest blemishes to speed their banishment and reduce the look of redness".  The instructions read as follows: Cover affected area with a thin layer. Begin with one application daily, increase to 2 to 3 times daily if needed. If dryness or peeling occurs, reduce frequency of application. Wear under makeup or alone.  This product helped to clear up the small cyst-like spots I had on my jawline in a couple of days.  Perfect!


I like to treat my hair to an overnight moisturising boost at least twice a week because blonde highlighted hair can get very dry, very quickly.  To ensure my hair stays silky soft and looking healthy, I apply Alterna Overnight Hair Rescue which "awaken to smoother, softer hair thanks to this fabulous overnight treatment which harnesses micro hair proteins and amino acids to penetrate your hair from within, bio-identical hair lipids restore shine and elasticity whilst positively charged ions restore your hairs natural softness.  This transforming treatment has a cumulative result, so the more that you use it the more dramatic the results.  Free of Parabens, Gluten, Mineral Oil and Phthalates, you can be rest assured that this formulation contains nothing but the best for your hair".

This product is amazing and I always wake up to hair that feels stronger and really healthy.  When you wash it out of your hair, you can still feel the benefits afterwards because it helps any shampoo & conditioner to work better on your hair.  Love this!

And the time has come for another makeup crush in the form of this blue smokey eye on Nadine Velazquez from 'My Name Is Earl'.  I love when the smokey eye is given a different twist by adding a pop of colour and this blue looks amazing against the olive tones of Nadine's skin.  The blue contrasts beautifully with her brown eyes and I reckon a lilacs and purple smokey eye done in the same way would look great against blue or green eyes! 




This makeup also ties in nicely with the 70's Studio 54 glamour looks that are doing the rounds this season.  If you want to know what products were used to create this look, then click here.

What are your favourite night time treat products? Will you be going for bolder colours when doing a smokey eye?

11 comments:

  1. ..Rodial sounds amazing and I think it's worth a try , it's good they do sample packaging as well ..for me , few months ago I discovered MY miracle face creams from Avon ( best I ever had ) and I recomend them to everyone - Anew rejuvenate day and Anew sapphire emulsion ..now I am waiting for my order to arrive :)

    ..for hair - conditioner in dry hair for full night ..works for me ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the makeup crush

    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you've inspired me to take care of myself a bit more :) I want to try the origins spot remover - my skin has gone so bad recently - it's really stressing me out! I love Nadine's makeup - especially the peachy-nude lips :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to use Origins Perfect World White Tea Skin Guardian Serum. I apply this morning and night under my moisturiser and it makes such a difference to my skin. I may check out the Soap and Glory foot cream, I'm looking for a new one, thanks for the recommendation. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These makeup images are just too pretty- She is stunning!I love the body shop shea butter for overnight, it's extremely moisurizing. On my face, just oil control lotion since im quite oily :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blisteze and Body Shop Vitamin E night cream are my favourite, without a doubt. Thanks for sharing yours, I am definitely going to be trying the Origins spot treatment and the Alterna hair treatment - excited! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love her eye makeup!stunning! Thanks for sharing your fav products hun, always love these kinda posts :) I use the Bodyshops lip butter which I love, but this korres one looks yummy too! Haha the classic creams ARE the best! Astral, Nivea, Dove, love em all :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Soap and Glory's Heel Genius, though to be fair I love anything by S&G. As for your new style crush all I can say is WOW! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love LOVEEE this kind of post!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this! Write more informative news like this Mulberry outlet, and let's Stop Dreaming Start Action!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inside curiosity involving simpleness, Dueltek features preferred to help refer to the actual fittings utilized on the modular wires since RJ11 for any 4 core wire (4C) along with RJ12 pertaining to 6 core wire (6C). Your before 4P as well as 6P inside connector description refers to the actual hooks inside connector.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)