Thursday, 22 September 2011

Lady In Red

I have a girl's night out tomorrow because all of our other halves are in Munich at a beer festival.  So what better excuse for us all to get together, sip some cocktails and have a dance?!

I guess I never need much incentive to get a new dress and this time is no different.  I spotted this little red number on ASOS yesterday for £30...


I don't think I have ever worn this shade of red before but I like it! (Apologies for the bad quality of photo but I took these pics in a rush).  The pleated detail down the front of the dress is really flattering, as is the curved neckline.  The sizing is also pretty spot on; I ordered a size 12 and it fits like a glove.  The dress does have a little bit of stretch in it too which always helps.  Now I just have to figure out the best nail colour and makeup to go with the dress! Suggestions welcome!


Whilst ordering the dress, I had a quick look at the sale/clearance items and found this gorgeous Fiorelli bag down from £39.99 to £24.00.  I love the massive tassel with studded fringe and half chain strap.  I love everything about this bag and it looks a lot more expensive than it is.


It has lovely silver hardware with my preferred subtle branding.  I hate anything too garish that screams that it's from a certain brand.  My love of studs has now spread to this tasselled bag... 


I will wear this with pride tomorrow night!


14 comments:

  1. I dont know what I want more, the dress or bag! Hot lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would LOVE the bag!It could totally work as a day bag too and is a great size!The dress would look great on you too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful in red! I would do gold nails, I love that combination...I would also do a neutral/golden makeup look so it doesn't clash with the red

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alpha Blonde - Thanks lovely!I was thinking maybe Nars Kismet polish.I was also thinking of a neutral eye possibly with something like MAC Woodwinked or Mulch in the crease?But should I go with a red lip or keep it natural?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress looks fantastic on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to look up the polish, that would be perfect! Def. try out the red lip first to see how it looks, I think wearing red and red lips are my one exception for matching, it can look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving these Asos dresses you've posted recently. This red one is a great choice for a night out. Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red dress never goes wrong, love the cut! Have a fabulous night tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress, fabulous colour and cut :-)
    http://anneliepop.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is fabulous, your figure looks amazing in it! Hope you have fun!

    http://www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Esther - Thanks very much! :)

    @Alpha Blonde - I ended up going with neutral eye makeup and natural lips...it worked really well.I thought I would let the red dress be the statement instead of wearing red lips too. Sometimes less is more I guess.

    @Essjay23x - Thanks!It's becoming a great place to find really nice dresses!

    @Sparks In Spring - I did have a fabulous night and thanks very much for your lovely comment :) x

    @Annelie - It's gorgeous isn't it!

    @Meg's Budget Boutique - Thanks so much for the compliment :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is gorgeous on you :) Really flattering dress... shows your curves nicely :) I'd personally go for a dark eye and nude lip because the dress is such a nice colour I wouldn't want a lipstick taking away from it :) Bet your husband wishes he stayed at home to see you in this dress :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look stunning, but then you always do hon xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Makeup is a girls best friend - Thanks so much :)

    @Sarah - awww, thanks for the lovely compliment xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)