Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Review Of Jemma Kidd Light As Air Foundation

It's no secret that I am a big fan of quite a few Jemma Kidd Make Up School products.  I had heard all the buzz surrounding the Light As Air Liquid Foundation and naturally, this sparked my interest.  It promised a lightweight formula that delivers a super natural finish on the skin.  Even though I'm a medium coverage kinda gal, I do have days when I want a lighter alternative.  To give you an idea of which other lighter formulation foundations that I prefer, my two favourites are Dior Nude and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light.


"Ultra light and natural skin foundation for a velvet, shine-free finish. SPF 18.
- Highly blendable & lightweight texture.

- Silicone coated pigments for a velvet feel & soft focus finish.

- Balancing benefits to help keep the skin perfectly matte for an even, shine free complexion.

- Unique long-wear technology for all day staying power.

- SPF 18 to protect skin from harmful rays.

- Comes in 7 different shades"


I would say that this foundation has a similar texture, finish and coverage as Dior Nude Foundation.  It's definitely a foundation I would keep for my 'good skin' days when I have little to no blemishes.  The coverage is enough to even out your skin tone but keep in mind that it won't cover high discolouration or bad blemishes.  The finish is incredibly natural and even on close inspection, you can hardly detect it at all. It's perfect for the 'no makeup' look. This foundation feels really refreshing to wear because of it's lightweight texture and it's so easy to blend into the skin.


This foundation is great for those days when you want a really natural, fresh look to your skin.  I would definitely save this for more relaxed days than wearing it on a night out, for example.  BUT I do really like the formulation and it has good staying power despite it's lightweight feel.  If you have reasonably good skin then you could get away with just wearing this with a touch of concealer.

It did also lend a soft focus appearance to my skin and felt comfortable on my skin, without drying it out or causing any breakouts.

Saying all that, I personally prefer my trusty Estee lauder Double Wear for work and nights out so I will be sticking with that but this is a great foundation for days when you wanted something with a bit less coverage. 

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think of it?

On a completely different note (something I have mentined on Twitter) that I have taken up a Decathlon challenge at my gym.  I wanted to give myself a real physical challenge and also to lose the last few lbs to get to my target weight.  The challenge involves completing 10 different events including things like running, cycling, pull ups, push ups etc.  I will be doing this over the next couple of weeks.  I DID get a pleasant surprise when I weighed myself the other day and found out that I had managed to lose 6lbs in 3 weeks! That was just from eating a balanced diet and going to the gym 5-6 times a week.  I am by no means on a diet where I deprive myself of anything.  I just eat sensible meals and healthy snacks.

My bone structure is definitely built to be a toned size 12.  You know how some people look weird, drawn and unhealthy when they lose too much weight? Well that would happen to me if I went below a size 12.  I think everyone has a comfortable and healthy size/weight and it isn't always a size 8 or 10.  I think everyone has to keep that in mind when they are setting target weights for themselves.  I wouldn't want to lose my curves because they are very much a part of who I am.

19 comments:

  1. I love this foundation but I can only wear it in winter, as nothing matches me in summer time - shade 02 is too yellow and 03 is too dark :( sad times! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am writing this on every post: you should try Clarins foundations. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this review. I've wanted to try something from Jemma Kidd for a long time (I only have few lipglosses now) and I'm drawing on a list.

    Have you ever tried Clarins Skin Illusion foundation? I think you might like it, if you are a Diorskin Nude fan (and I am just like you, my top three consists in Diorskin Nude, Estée Lauder Double Wear and Clarins Skin Illusion).

    I've recently posted a review on that, in case you want to know more about it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin looks amazing, and that pink topshop blush u posted about looks hot hot hot! x X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lydia - Aww no that's such a shame that you can't get the right match.That's so annoying when that happens!

    @Mar - I really do need to look into Clarins foundations...quite a few people seem to love them! x

    @Lydia - From Jemma Kidd I would highly recommend the Skin Rescue Bio-Complex Veil, the Glossticks, the Dewy Glow in Rose Gold and the Iridescent Eye Pencil in Tiger Eye. I will take a look at your review because so many people seem to really like Clarins foundations! Thanks for the info xxx

    @Muhsine - Aww thanks lovely lady :) Love all the stuff you have been knitting for your little one...excited to see the posts when baby is born!!!So lovely to follow your journey.Oh and you would LOVE the pink topshop blush...so vibrant and gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great foundation but you have really good skin, so its light coverage is probably perfect for you! Good luck with your gym training, I joined one last week and am absolutely addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Emily Has Dimples x - The texture of my skin is good but I have VERY rosy cheeks and a lot of redness around my nose so I usually need medium coverage foundations.It's so easy to get addicted to the gym...you feel on top of the world after a good workout! Thanks for stopping by :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a refreshingly healthy attitude to weight - you weren't completely happy before and you've worked hard to get to a really healthy place with exercise and sensible food choices. I see you as a real inspiration Laura! Never lose your curves (so glad you said that) as you have an incredible figure, that millions would kill for!
    As for the foundation, I don't think it would be right for me, my skin tone is just that bit too uneven, but great review all the same! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need that! Your skin looks flawless! I just hope i can find a shade that works for me (i doubt it!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @BlushCrush - awww thanks...that's such a lovely thing to say.I'm flattered that you see me an an inspiration in that respect. I am proud that I've managed to lose the weight in a healthy way. With all the crazy diets and attitudes to weight around, I think everyone needs to use common sense and not be overly critical of themselves.

    @Tali - I think they could do with releasing more shades to make sure there's something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not have a single piece of red clothing in my wardrobe. Seeing you - and this stunning dress! - makes me want to change that. :0)

    I've been using Dior Nude all summer and *love* the coverage, but I think the alcohol is making my skin dry.

    Does the Jemma Kidd foundation have alcohol or perfume?

    Sarah x

    http://stylesouk.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds lovely, your skin looks great, I do need more coverage but this would be ideal for summer days when you dont want such heavy foundation.

    After reading your posts saying how much you like Estee Lauder Double Wear I had to get a sample, I wouldn't normally pay more than £10 for a foundation but I have to say this is definately worth it, I will be going out and getting a full size bottle :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh and I forgot to say, its so lovely to hear someone being sensible about weight, based on your bone structure :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Style Souk - I was surprised that this shade of red suited me as I only ever wear pinky reds to be honest.Just shows that sometimes you have to experiment with different things!I don't think the JK foundation has either perfume or alcohol.

    @Jo Woods - So glad you like the Estee Lauder Double Wear!It's my fave :)
    And thanks for saying that about the weight thing...it feels like there are too many people promoting silly diets at the moment so I wanted to bring things back to reality and also back to sustainable weightloss techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your skin is flawless! it looks gorgeous on you!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. how much it is jemma kid foundation??

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought this after reading this and I must say it may be my HG foundation its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I just came across ur blog tonight and couldnt stop reading, could you please tell me the shade that you're wearing of this foundation, i;ve looked through the post several times but I dont think you've said! thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Bahrainbeauty - Hi there...thanks so much for your lovely compliment. I am wearing the shade Light/Medium...sorry about that, I must have completely forgotten to say! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)