Monday, 14 November 2011

Benefit,YSL & Update

I had been harping on for an age about picking up Benefit Cha Cha Tint but never seemed to get around to it.  Well, the opportunity to get my grubby mitts on this product came around in the form of a swap with my mum's friend, Mandy.  She had bought Cha Cha Tint but decided it wasn't right for her colouring...so I very generously took it off her hands!  That was nice of me wasn't it.


After swapping some of my back up Benefit products with her, I finally tried it out today.

Let's kick off by saying that I love the metallic packaging and functional small brush that comes with all of the liquid Benefit products.  I had (luckily) been pre-warned about the vibrant mango shade and the fact that it stains your fingers.  The product is described as a cheek and lip tint and it has a 'creamy' appearance with a more gel-like consistency than Benetint.


You only need the TINIEST amount of this on your cheeks to get the desired effect.  As mentioned above, it stains your fingers so I prefer to apply it with a brush designed especially for liquid blush products.  I use the brilliant Waterbrush by Daniel Sandler.  I have a plastic petri dish that I use to distribute the colour on the brush before applying to my cheeks.  By using this method, you avoid any staining or patchy appearance.  The product dries very quickly so you have to blend it in as fast as you can.


There is absolutely no shimmer in this tint so it imparts a gorgeous peachy apricot glow to my cheeks sans glitter!  I think it would suit medium to darker skin tones the best as it may be too vibrant for paler skins.  I would say Posietint would work better on fairer complexions.  The pic below shows Cha Cha Tint on my cheeks and on my lips.


As a lip product, it's very subtle but I actually really like the result.  It adds a warmth and although I don't particularly like this well-used blogging term, it gives a 'my lips, but better' effect.  It's also worth mentioning that the tint feels very comfortable on the lips and doesn't dry them out.You can layer it a bit more to get a more vibrant result but I quite like the simplicity of just having a hint of colour.  It definitely suits my skin tone and I'm really happy this is now in my collection!

Mandy also gave me a YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick in no.23 (Coral Poetique) and as always, I am a big fan of the luxurious feel of the classical gold packaging.  There's something about YSL Rouge Pur Couture and Rouge Volupte lipsticks that feels special (possibly due to the pricetag!!!).


Peach-toned lipsticks really work with my complexion and although this shade is called Coral, I would say that it looks more of a pink-toned apricot with a cream finish.  The consistency of this lipstick feels creamy and expensive but it also takes after the Rouge Volupte lipsticks, in that it doesn't last that long.  It's moisturising of course BUT it does seem to apply slightly unevenly and takes some work to pat in and blend.  


It's a gorgeous colour but the fact that it slips off your lips within an hour makes it an expensive purchase in more ways than one.  It would be nice to balance a gorgeous shade with longevity of wear but this lipstick just disappointed me on the latter.


And now for a quick update of my highs and lows of the past week...


Made In Chelsea
Loving this series at the moment and don't want it to end!!! (roll on tonight's episode).  I know it's staged and verging on the ridiculous at times but that doesn't impede my enjoyment.  I actually prefer it to TOWIE and always find myself being wowed by Millie's make up and generally spotting lots of clothes that I would like for my own wardrobe.

Frozen Planet
I am a bit of a geek when it comes to programmes about nature and I especially love anything that David Attenborough is involved in! The new Frozen Planet series is fascinating and this is one of my favourite clips featuring the penguin thief...


Ardell 117 Lashes


I picked up these lashes at Boots at the weekend and although my favourites are normally the 110's for their natural appearance, the 117's are amazing for a more dramatic look.  Roll on the girl's night out on Saturday!  It's sad to admit but getting ready whilst blasting out good tunes is sometimes one of the highlights of the night! What can I say? I love make-up!

New Car


Something which you may not know about me is that I am currently learning to drive! I started when I was 17 but then I left to go to uni and basically couldn't afford to keep having lessons (and was too preoccupied with spending every night of the week in the student union!).  I am 28 now and I guess that I never really needed to drive what with always living in the city centre...until now.  With the new business and plans to move next year, I have to have means of travel so I hope to pass my driving test in the next couple of months.  I will be picking up my new car next week and don't get too excited...it's nothing fancy...a blue metallic Fiesta Zetec but it'll be my baby! 

Korres & Rodial Lip Balms

These lip balms are the only thing that keeping me from having horrible, flaky dry lips these past few days.  Whenever the weather takes a turn in Winter time, my lips are the first things to suffer.  I am a long-term fan of the Korres Lip Butters and the Rodial Glam Balm is my super-boost hydration treatment for night time (post coming on that). 

Hot Chocolate

Winter = Hot Chocolate time.  Nuff said.


End of TOWIE

I have a love/hate relationship with The Only Way Is Essex in that quite a lot of the 'characters' do my head in BUT I have a compulsion to watch it.  I also always watch when they stick the needle in my arm to have my blood taken.  Maybe I have a problem?! Anyway, I was sad to see the series end even though the last few scenes were beyond ridiculous and painfully staged.  That's what TOWIE is all about really though.

Sparse Eyelashes

I don't know what's up with my eyelashes at the moment but they just look rubbish.  They are kind of sparse and quite short.  Thank god I learnt how to apply false lashes, that's all I can say!  I may have to start using some lash growth serum again...although some of them actually cause a bit of lash loss BEFORE they induce any growth.  I don't know if I have the lashes to spare though!

8 comments:

  1. I have posie tint and use it- thought I love my Daniel sandler watercolour blush. I saw the penguin thief- was so cute. That lipstick looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and try vaseline on your lashes at night. This really helps moisturise and lock in moisture. Mascara really dries then out. Hope this helps xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cha cha tint looks delightful. Really pretty. Shame about the YSL lipstick as the shade is lovely. I've never actually tried YSL's lipstick, usually just stick to mac...
    Oh and I'm torn between TOWIE and Made in Chelsea, both my guilty pleasures!

    Ekaete xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad to say I only just now have discovered your blog and know it will be one that I visit often. You have a kind beauty thats wonderful to see :) I have recently started my own beauty blog and this blog has definitely inspired some creativity in me! And that YSL Coral is lovelyy. I don't have any YSL lipsticks but this looks like a very complimentary yet safe first try for me :)

    If you have any suggestions for a new blogger I would love to hear them!

    xoxo Jewels

    jewelsofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of cha cha tint, but every time I swatch it, it just looks peachy on me and I was hoping for more orange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha that clip is brilliant, I love penguins! Too cute :) I had cha cha tint applied on me at the Benefit counter & loved it! Such a gorguz shade & suits all skintones! Unfortunately I was going through a makeup spending ban at the time... :-/ Soon I SHALL have it! lol!

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of this - need to check it out myself. And good luck with your driving lesson's, i passed my test earlier this year it such a good feeling to be able to jump in a car by yourself!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it a shame that the YSL has no longevity for that price??? That cha cha looks truly ah-mazing on you- especially on the lips. Great and entertaining post!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)