Wednesday, 9 November 2011

General Mish-Mash Update

My first piece of news (and believe me, I'm letting out a huge sigh of relief) is that our new snazzy Perfection By Design website was launched this morning www.perfectionbydesignuk.com.  It has taken a long time to get it all sorted but I'm so much happier with the new look! Thanks to everyone who followed us on Twitter and liked us on Facebook after I mentioned it recently.  It means a lot to me to have your support.


I must say that I'm not a fan of the fact that it's getting dark at 4:30pm now! The days feel so much shorter and I feel like I'm not getting as much done.  But on the upside, it's my birthday in about a month and then Christmas so at least that's something to look forward to!

Now that the days are getting colder and the nights are drawing in, I have switched to a gradual tanning product that will give me a healthy glow rather than a full-on tan.  Daylight becomes a lot harsher in the winter time and it tends to show up your skin in a completely different way compared to the rays of summer.  Although I like gradual self tan products, I find it difficult to find one that shows up on my skin.  I have been looking for a product that gives just the right amount of colour.


I recently started using a new gradual tanner, Xen Tan Transform Luxe Daily Self Tan which has been designed "For those who prefer to build their tan gradually, but still enjoy a rich, natural-looking finish, Xen-Tan's Transform Luxe is an ideal choice. Containing more of the active tanning ingredient DHA than our other gradual body tanner, Transform, Transform Luxe lets you achieve a darker colour after just one application.  The luxurious lotion goes on clear and develops into a wonderfully natural-looking tan that captures the much sought-after healthy holiday glow perfectly.
Packed with nourishing moisturisers and with a lovely fresh fragrance, Transform Luxe comes in a larger size than Transform, so you can enjoy even more impressively long-lasting results from every bottle".

I like all the Xen Tan products I have tried so far and this one didn't disappoint.  I always get a really natural result with Xen Tan products because they really give an olive based tan without any hint of orange.  The products also smell a lot more appealing than many other alternatives on the market.  The only thing that bothered me about this daily self tan is that the consistency is quite thick so it takes a bit of extra work to blend into the skin.  So it may not be the best product if you are in a rush but to be honest, I never apply my fake tan in a rush as that can be a recipe for disaster!

Xen Tan Transform Luxe Daily Self Tan is priced at £24.99 for a 236ml tube and is available here with free delivery.

Metallics are a huge trend at the moment from clothes to makeup to nails.  This GORGEOUS Limited Edition nail polish from Nars is called Space Odyssey...


I have been looking for a lighter silver metallic polish for a long time but they always seem to be gunmetal shades which can be too blue-based for my skin tone.  Space Odyssey is a much easier shade to wear and more eye-catching too!  It contains loads of tiny shimmer particles that give that really reflective effect.  You can apply one layer for a iridescent metallic sheen or two layers to amp it up and have full-on silver talons.  I have two layers of the polish on in the pics below...



Love it!!!

The polish has also had good staying power and has remained chip free after 3 days wear.  The drying time is pretty quick and it really adds an interest to any outfit.  It's priced at £13.50 and you can get it from the Nars website here.

I wore my lovely ivory dress on Friday night (I originally posted about it here) and I quickly realised on that day that I needed to pick up some nude heels that would be comfortable enough to walk around in all night. After a mooch around the shops, I happened across these Nude Suede chunky platforms in Next for £45...


They are definitely a 'goes with everything' kind of shoe and because they have a platform and a chunky heel, they are very comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.  The sling-back and lack of ankle strap means that they have an elongating effect on the legs.  I also love the slight gold metallic piping and floral lining.


Basically these are great shoes for a night out or to team with a smart daytime outfit.

I have two videos for you today...one just to make you smile/laugh...



Keyboard Cat really does rule and he never fails to make me smile! He's one cool cat!

And on the other end of the scale is a song with you that I like to listen to in quieter moments...love this girl's voice...

LINK!

6 comments:

  1. Seriously though.. this website is great. So much better!!! I loved the old one but you really did improve it and this one is also a tad easier to navigate!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your website is looking great! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeh I love the random tidbits of your life :D Even the Xen Tan bottle looks glamorous haha. And the Nars nail polish is so freaking pretty :D It looks like a New Year's Eve color :D

    www.buzzedforbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Nars nail polish! so pretty! Definitely adding it to the list of things to buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Thanks Tali :) I am soooo happy with it! x

    @Kitty Read - Thanks, glad you like it xxx

    @Holly - I was so excited to see it go live!

    @Buzzed For Beauty - Aww thanks very much...I often feel like I'm just rambling on!ha ha.

    @laurabirch - The Nars polish is gorgeous and really festive too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)