Friday, 11 November 2011

Stila £10 Palettes

These three cute little Stila palettes turned up in the post a few days ago and I was surprised to find out that they retail at a tiny £10!  Stocking fillers anyone?! I know a few other bloggers have already posted about these but in case any of you missed that, here's my take on them...



"Inspired by an idyllic seaside retreat, this Stila Beach Palette in Living The Life In Laguna channels the organic beauty of this cultural beach town while boasting coastal inspired shades perfect for creating a natural Californian glow. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Laguna has a uniquely laid-back atmosphere. This Stila Beach Palette in Living The Life In Laguna is a bohemian selection of gorgeous shades that are perfect for evoking the hippy-chic Laguna vibe."


This is a nice everyday palette with soft shades that are easy to wear.  I especially like the blush in Seashell and although the consistency of the powders isn't the best I have ever come across, they are good quality for a palette that only costs £10.  As long as you keep in mind that these palettes are of the cheap and cheerful variety, then it's all good.


Each palette comes with a handy little guide which indicates how to use each shade.  Great for younger girls or beginners in the make up field!



"This limited edition Stila Beach Palette in Wonderful In Waikiki was inspired by Chelsea’s trip to paradise. Say aloha to these tropical tones!  Grab your lei and grass skirt and head to the white shores of an exotic location with this Stila Beach Palette in Wonderful In Waikiki. If you’re sunning it up in a backdrop as stunning as this why would you want to look anything but jaw-droppingly gorgeous?"


This screams summer to me so it's a shame it's only landed in my hands now...this would have been a great palette to pop in my holiday bag!  It's full of warm tones, bronzey hues and a shot of vivid azure blue for good measure.  Great for those days when you're feeling more adventurous and a bright liner feels on point.


I was disappointed with the colour pay off of 'Wahine' and 'Sarong' but the other shades are great.


"If two words could sum up South Beach it would be sunny and sexy! This Stila Beach Palette in Striking In South Beach enables you to fit right in with its selection of super sexy shades that’ll have you sizzling in the sun!  Turn up the heat as you soak up the rays with this Stila Beach Palette in Striking In South Beach. We all know that the beach-dwellers at this sought-after resort are all absolutely gorgeous, so up your ante with this travel-friendly set from Stila!"


This is my favourite palette of the three, probably because the cool shades appeal to my winter persona at the moment.  The soft, cool toned eye shadows combine to create a wicked smokey eye and I really like the  bright pink blush shade in Art Deco.


Also, I feel like this palette is the most consistent when it comes to colour pay-off.  I haven't tried many Stila products but I'm glad they are back in the limelight after their relaunch.  Their products come across as being  fun and slightly whimsical which is right up my street.

Which palette would you plump for?

5 comments:

  1. I'd go for the first, Living the life in Laguna.

    They look like great complimentary shades.

    Wish someone would send me some of these in the post! haha.

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING <3 xxx

    Last days of my GIVEAWAY, enter if you like...
    http://iwasanuglyduckling.blogspot.com/2011/10/mac-lipstick-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would go for the last one, Striking in South Beach. Very pretty shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loove the packaging of these :D perfect stocking stuffers, I agree :)

    www.buzzedforbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Laguna palette, but have wanted the Waikiki palette for the longest time; for Surf alone, it looks incredible Lau!
    The shades reminded me of something I might see in Estee Lauder summer product, which is no surprise to me really that you like it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd definitely go for the first one. May have to pick one up next time I see a Stila stand

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)