Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Palette

I love my Urban Decay Book of Shadows 4 and have used it every day for the past 3 or 4 weeks but this Limited Edition 15 Year Anniversary Palette has just recently nudged that aside.  Cast your eyes over the bejewelled lid and laser-cut detailed lid and tell me you don't love it!?


"Urban Decay 15 year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection. 15 mesmerizing shades for 15 years of UD. The perfect mix of neutrals and brights, darks and lights. Satisfying every possible eye shadow need in one collection, these 15 hues feature a signature `low binder` formula, pairing cashmere soft textures with enormous pigment loads, resulting in mind-blowing blend ability and knock-out colour payoff. Encased in a collectable shiny gun metal box, topped with a faceted purple `UD` jewel that highlights the laser cut edges. Simply remove the shadow tray to reveal a purple, velvet-lined compartment ideal for stashing your favourite jewels and momentos".


The palette contains 15 brand new, never-seen-before shades from Urban Decay and the biggest improvement that I noticed instantly on swatching these shades was the lack of glittery fall-out.  That is often a complaint with Urban Decay shadows.  I so often hear "oh I love the colour, just without the chunks of glittery fall-out".  The shimmery shades do have glitter but it's much more finely milled than we have seen from Urban Decay in the past so kudos to them for listening to their customers!  The palette really does encompass every shade I would need to transform a day look into a night-time look.  There are the right ingredients to create a natural, smokey or bright look.


All of the eye shadows in this palette are smooth, easy to blend and have great colour payoff.  I will have to do some FOTD posts using the different shades to show you guys how lovely they are. I also love how you can pop the eye shadow tray out and keep the decorative box.


If you are a fan of matte shades then this palette isn't for you because all of the shades have a metallic, shimmery or sheeny finish.  I personally prefer that type of finish in my eye shadows as matte shades just look flat on me and really hold no interest.  I always think that the key to wearing shimmery or sheeny eye shadows in the day time is to keep the brow bone colour matte.  This balances things and prevents the overall effect from looking overdone. 


Here's a breakdown of each gorgeous shade in the palette:

Midnight Rodeo (brown pearl with silver) 
Tainted (pale matte purple with golden shimmer)
Deeper (deep shimmery golden brown)


Midnight 15 (oyster pearl with silver glitter)
Junkshow (metallic bright pink with slight blue reflects)
MIA (dark velvet brown)


Vanilla (creamy white gold)
Omen (metallic bright purple with blue shift)
Ace (dark gunmetal)


Flow (soft peach shimmer)
Evidence (deep metallic blue)
Blackout (dark saturated black)


Chase (bright bronze)
Deep End (bright teal)
Half Truth (deep greyish purple)


This limited edition palette is available here for £39.00.  It's not cheap as chips but it's a fantastic and versatile palette to have in your collection.  Throw enough hints around and you might get it for Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. OH wow!! All these colours are gorgeous!I have 2 pallettes from UD already - they really know how to suck me in. But these have a ton of lovely neutrals and some dark browns and a black... which is mighty handy. Thanks for all the swatches! I love the look of midnight rodeo.I notice the lid comes right off - that's unusual for UD no? Maybe I don't have enough pallettes to be able to claim to know packaging tendencies. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy - This palette pretty much has everything and the black is VERY handy and it's a good quality black too!The lid does indeed come right off which is better in my opinion because the other ones that were tethered by a ribbon just got on my nerves!lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love UD palette but I tend to go with more neutral colors. Wish I'm not scared of those bold ones !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful palette, and all the shades look wearable. Love the fact that they have improved the consistency and there's no fall out, as I love my Ammo palette but the glitter fallout just kills me! Adds to wishlist.
    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)