Friday, 16 December 2011

OOTD: The Shirt Dress

I possibly got SLIGHTLY sidetracked today whilst Christmas Shopping.  It's the season of giving but in this case, I gave to myself (ahem).  After catching sight of this navy shirt dress on the Warehouse website, I instantly wanted it.  It's a fabulously versatile garment that can take you from work to dinner and drinks with the addition of the right accessories and heels.  I feel like there's something effortlessly stylish about a shirt dress in a drapey material.  Like the mac, the black blazer and the perfect pair of jeans...it's a style staple!


The dress is made from viscose so it hangs in just the right way, it has a drawstring waist with gold hardware and tab sleeves.  I like the way it curves up at the sides revealing a bit more leg and because of the drawstring waist, you can alter how short the dress is...genius!

I figure this dress will also work with black tights and boots/flats for the cold weather we are experiencing.


Blazer: M & S
Dress: Warehouse (link)
Shoes: Dune (link)
Bag: Ebay (link)
Necklace: Accessorize
Bracelet: New Look

I have been wearing this gorgeous nail polish from Pop called Golden Metal (46) and it's the perfect festive metallic that's also day-appropriate.  I've never tried Pop polishes before but I have been incredibly impressed by this nail varnish.


It goes on like a dream, no streaks and actually can just be applied in one coat.  The thing that I love about this polish is that it dries in record time so you don't have to wait around for ages.  The golden shimmer is so finely milled that it appears as a true metallic i.e. no chunky glitter!


I have a feeling this will be my favourite for Christmas Day!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous polish, and love the outfit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emma - It's really a lovely gold...totally rocking this over Christmas coz it goes with everything! No clashy nails.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly that nail polish is beautiful, I'm not really a fan of glitter polish but that is subtle and beautiful! Secondly that dress is such a great staple, you look great and will get so much use out of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chloe - Yeah it's more shimmery than glittery and it's really easy to remove too.Hate the way glitter polishes are hellish to get off!I'm so pleased with the shirt dress...I will probably wear it to death!lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a good shirt dress, total wardrobe staple x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)