Friday, 20 January 2012

Do It Yourself

Ever since I found this blog, I have felt inspired to try some, if not all of their DIY tutorials.  I felt like I just HAD to share this blog with you because there are so many cool things on it! I love getting creative and making things so it's right up my street!

My first attempt at one of their tutorials was this braided beaded bracelet:


I got all the supplies I needed from Ebay for next to nothing:



It took me around 15 minutes to make it and I'm looking forward to trying it out with the hot pink and purple waxed linen cord I got.  I like the stacked bracelet look so I want to pile them up in summer!  The fact that they look quite delicate really appeals to me as well.


There's something really satisfying about making your own jewellery because it can be truly bespoke.  You can add whatever you like to the bracelet to customise it.  My next project will  be the wrap bracelet variation on this design...


They have loads of DIY posts spanning across jewellery, clothes, shoes and home-ware.


Here are some of my favourites:








6 comments:

  1. Those are some really cool DIY ideas! I'm going to check it out now.

    Your first attempt is really good! Looks cute!

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x

    I WAS AN UGLY DUCKLING BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with DIY...I always want to do it, I'll buy all the things I need but I RARELY finish anything! lol I currently trying to reupholster a chair and have no idea what I'm doing haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bracelet is so cute!!! I want to make some =) You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats such beautiful bracelet. thanks for sharing, i want to do the bracelet too!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome DIY, I especially like the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bracelet is very nice and the little crystals in the heel make it look awesome and unusual.Nice styles brought forward here.organic lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)