Thursday, 19 January 2012

I've Got That Spring Time Feeling!

I know, I know, I have been a bad blogger! I feel like I'm not as connected to the blogging world as I used to be because I'm continuously trying to balance my time between work and play.  This inevitably means I spend almost all my waking hours in front of a laptop and that can't be healthy! However, I am really trying to make sure I update my blog as much as I can because, well, it's important to me.  I never want to just let it fall by the wayside (speak to me when I'm 40 and I may say different!).

I have had a huge number of client enquiry emails to get through following the wedding show at the weekend which is great for my business but conversely bad for my blog.  So I thought I would ease myself back into things by talking about a couple of products that have made me feel Spring-like today!


The first Spring-inducing product is the new blush from Nars featured in their Spring Collection.  The name pretty much encapsulates my feelings towards it.  'Gaiety' is a bright, cool-toned candy pink.  Be not afraid of it's vivid appearance because once on the skin, it translates as a fresh, healthy glow (that's coming from someone who normally favours blushes in the peach/coral family).


My relationship with Nars blush products has been chequered in the past because I am not a fan of the cult Orgasm blush that everyone and his dog seems to like (except me).  It's a strange creature that leaves glittery  debris on my cheeks and this I do not like.  However this Gaiety blush goes on almost like a matte blush with minuscule shimmer particles (which are invisible to the naked eye) work behind the scenes to ensure your cheeks don't look powdery or flat.  I personally don't like that look.  


I simply tapped my blush brush twice into the pan and dusted in circular motions towards the height of my cheekbones (I find this avoids the doll-like appearance of blush circles on the apples of your cheeks).



And as you can see from my pic below, the blush creates a really soft, delicate flush of pink on your cheeks that looks natural and healthy.


There's nothing like a good bit of Spring collection make up to freshen up all the darker hues we see over the Winter months.  It's a breath of fresh air!

Another product that instantly brightened my mood today was this lippy from Topshop called Brighton Rock.  I have to say that I think these TopShop lipsticks are fantastic value considering their quality and longevity on the lips.  I adore the Ooh La La shade I got a few months ago too and it's made it's way into my top five bright lipsticks.


For only £8.00, you get a creamy, highly pigmented smooth formula that paints your lips a vivid hot pink hue.  And it's lasts too.  It has a satin-matte finish so no weird pearlised  finish or shimmer.  As with all bright lipsticks, it's always a good idea to prepare the canvas before you slap your warpaint on.  By this, I mean exfoliating your lips.  You can either slap on some vaseline and gently rub your lips with an old toothbrush OR if you have a muslin cloth then you can wet that and rub gently in circular motions to remove any dead skin from your lips.


This will work two-fold:

It smooths the lips to give the lipstick the smoothest canvas to adhere to.
It plumps up the lips to make the most of what you have.


I'm a sucker for a pink lipstick and this one is a beaute! It's moisturising and really sticks around.  This particular pink hue has a brightening effect on my complexion and I love any product that can have that freshening effect.  Just what you want for Spring!



So what products have made you feel all Spring-like this week? Any recommendations?

NEWSFLASH

Oh and just one more thing.  As you know, we put our apartment on the market on Friday afternoon and had 4 viewings at the weekend.  We went to closing yesterday with sealed bids and sold it! We didn't expect it to happen so quickly but we feel so lucky that it was swift and hassle free.  So we now have 9 weeks to move out and find a house! Wish us luck!

I will keep you all updated on our search for a house!

9 comments:

  1. I love these colours! The cheek colour is so pretty and very natural looking like you said.

    That lip colour is exactly what Ive been looking for lately, will have to go get it.

    Good luck with the house hunting!

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x

    Discount code for 50% off Deborah Lippman nail polishes at....
    I WAS AN UGLY DUCKLING BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finding your perfect place!! I love the colour of that lipstick, it really suits you. It's making me want some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this product. Looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Nars blush! When I fisrt read about the spring collection I thought I was going to pass on it but now I need it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those products look divine!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been lusting over Gaiety since I saw the previews of it quite some time ago, it is beautiful and it looks amazing on you! As does the lippie!
    <3 Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. That topshop shade is so pretty, it brightens your face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on the house hunt Lau - all those hours put into getting the house spit-spot (as Mary Poppins would say); were totally worth it! I'm loving the Brighton Rock and that Nars blush is too beautiful, not sure if it would show up on me though, so might have to have a little swatchy-swatch soon!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the blush...and the lip colour looks great on you!

    http://www.shellzdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)