Wednesday, 4 January 2012

OOTD: Leather & Sparkle

I got a gorgeous black real leather jacket from my mum for Christmas from Next and I have to say that it has quickly become a wardrobe staple for me.  I knew I wanted a black leather jacket in a biker-style but I never seemed to find one that I both liked and could afford!  So you can imagine I was extremely pleased when my mum got me this one reduced from £160 to £80.


Jacket: Next (Signature)
Jeans: New Look
Top: Reiss (link)
Ballet Pumps: Awear (link)
Scarf: Ebay (link)
Bag: Fiorelli
Ring: Oasis

I bought the Reiss top at the same time as my gorgeous sparkly shoes I posted about in my last blog.  Being the magpie that I am, it spoke to me immediately and as Reiss clothes tend to last for ages, I couldn't resist.  I really rate Reiss for pieces that wash well, don't lose their shape and feel lovely and soft.  The rope and embellished detail on this top is gorgeous...


I love the fact that the Next leather jacket has quilted shoulder detail and is made from the most buttery, soft leather I have ever felt!


I also like the fact that the sleeves have a ribbed jersey material on the underside which allows some stretch and gives the jacket a unique edge...

Another Christmas present from my lovely mother-in-law, Maddie was this beautiful peacock blue silk blouse from Oasis...


The silk material almost has a suede-like feel and it feels so lovely to wear.  I love the way it drapes on the body and the colour seems to really suit my complexion and hair colour.  Speaking of hair, my fringe has pretty much grown out BUT I actually like it like this because it's so much easier to style than when it's short.  I am a big fan of the side fringe and I reckon I'll be rocking it for some time to come.


A pretty little piece of jewellery I have been wearing a lot lately is this wishbone necklace from this ebay seller.  It was only £4.00 with free delivery and I have found myself wearing it almost every day.  It's so delicate and I like to think it brings me a little bit of luck when I wear it.


Another Ebay find was this cross ring which was £1.09 with free delivery.  I have wanted one of these cross rings for ages now and since there are so many great ones on Ebay, I finally bit the bullet.  I figured that at just over £1, I wasn't setting myself to lose much if it wasn't up to my expectations.  However, the ring feels solid, it's bright in appearance and it doesn't leave you with discoloured fingers!


A great beauty find from this week was this Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo which I picked up from Boots for £6.49.  I recently decided that I want to grow my hair a couple of inches longer and in that, I will have to step up my hair care regime to make sure my tresses are in tip top shape.  This sulfate and sodium chloride free shampoo contains organic cocoa nut oil, cocoa butter, avocado extract and keratin.


Although this is a rich and moisturising shampoo, it doesn't weigh my fine hair down.  It adds incredible shine (which you can see in the pics above!) whilst keeping my hair smooth and soft.  The best thing is that my hair is so manageable and easy to style.  This shampoo smells yummy, like cocoa butter so if that's your bag, then you'll love it.  I haven't tried the conditioner in this range yet so I'm not sure how well it works in conjunction with the shampoo but I may pick it up next time I'm in Boots!

7 comments:

  1. Really like the scarf you are wearing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the leather and the skull scarf, looks like we can all dig out our scarves from years ago with skulls on them due to the dia de los muertos influence coming in. I can't wait I love it!

    dp

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl can't go wrong with leather!

    http://glampurpleglitter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The womens sparkly ugg boots is a stylish and glittery take on one of our most famous boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this article, cheap sparkle uggs give us a better life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very like your article, It very interesting, you can welcome to visit my shop,Mysequin uggs,sequined uggs,uggs sparkle there are many cheap discount, I hope you will be interested in, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your site, I have learnt a lot of knowledge, your site is great, I hope you can visit my sequin uggs , I am very happy to learn a lot of knowledge from your site

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)