Monday, 9 January 2012

Update

I just wanted to do a quick blog post to give you an update on what's happening with me at the moment and also to explain why I have been so crap at blogging lately!

If you follow me on Twitter, you will already know that we just got the property pictures taken for our flat/apartment to go on the market next week.  We hope it will sell quickly as all the properties on our road seem to get snapped up within 2 weeks.  We still haven't found a house we like yet but hopefully there will be more on offer once we head out of January.  I will keep you all updated on this and you will of course get the whole moving house journey and changing rooms-style makeover pics!


We had to have a massive clear up of all our stuff because you have to make the place almost clinical and neutral for the property pictures. The problem for me is that I have had to put a lot of my things into storage, namely my make up collection, clothes and a lot of my other beauty products.  Therefore, it's kind of hard for me to blog at the moment because a lot of the stuff I was going to blog about had to be packed away! Hopefully this won't be the case for too much longer but I hope you can bear with me, while I get everything sorted out.

Now the thing that has taken up the majority of my time is this.  Massive news this week is that my Wedding Planning business, Perfection By Design, will be showing at a big wedding show this weekend.  It has come around really quickly but after months of work, we have everything in place and I can't wait for it to all come together.  I will post some pics after this weekend so you can check out how we got on! If you live in the Aberdeen area and are attending then feel free to drop by our stand and say hi!


You can like my business Facebook page here if you so wish! All the 'likes' help the traffic through my website and Google ratings.

And finally an update on the legend that is...Wolverine.  He is entering the twilight years of his life.  He is 2 years and 8 months old and hamsters only live 2-3 years.  His fur has started to thin and he sleeps a lot more than he used to, but he still seems to have the energy of a young thing because he still runs around his cage every night and generally causes havoc! As long as he is healthy, I'm happy and I think he has had a really good quality of life.  We could never get another hamster because he has just been such a little sweetheart, he can't be replaced.


And the last bit of update news for this post is that I am feeling rather happy with myself today after losing 3lbs in 10 days.  I put on 4lbs over Christmas after overindulging in every possible way, leading to me feeling generally bloated, yucky and self-conscious about my body.  My clothes felt that bit tighter than normal and I found myself having to hold my stomach in all the time!  


On the 2nd of January I started a healthy and balanced eating plan full of wholegrain food, fruit and veg and I continued to go to the gym 4-5 times a week.  I cut out chocolate, crisps, soft drinks and alcohol (I am having a dry January!).  I always try to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way and I hope to lose another 7lbs doing this.  However, everyone knows that elusive last 7lbs are the hardest to shift! I am going to persevere with my healthy eating plan and work out sessions and will let you guys know when I hit my goal weight!

9 comments:

  1. Your apartement looks gorgeous Laura, good luck with it all and moving! I'm on a healthy kick too as can just feel I've piled on the pounds this Xmas, yay to healthy weightloss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOuR apartment is very beautiful! Wish you all the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah wow- love your apartment :) And you are looking healthy- certainly a good way to loose Christmas weight! Wolverine looks so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with everything! Congrats on the weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an amazing hamster called 'Beanie' when I was younger, she was the sweetest thing she sadly died at 3 years old. Its such a shame how hamsters have such short life spans. Wolverine looks adorable, he is clearly looked after really well, hope he defies the 3 year mark and lives long x x x
    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bedroom is very glamorous. Where us the wallpaper from?

    Good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started a healthy eating diet too, I've started to get an organic veg box delivered weekly and find that if I search recipes based on the ingredients coming in the box, I'm able to eat far more healthily and not waste any veg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow good luck with the wedding show hun - my friend has an amazing wedding dress shop and used to ask me to model (for free of course) at the shows and I used to love wandering around.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)