Monday, 20 February 2012

Making A Show Of Ourselves

I was a busy bee over the weekend getting ready for a smaller wedding showcase and we had a fantastic time, got loads of requests for consultations and met lots of lovely brides-to-be.  Sometimes I have to pinch myself because my job is so much fun!


We kept our stand quite small for this show as we just wanted to show a few creative ideas that could be used for wedding decor as well as promoting our hampers for February/March.  They are full of products, gift voucher and discount vouchers related to weddings.


The ombre cake we showed at the January wedding exhibition was so popular that we decided to use it again! 


We worked with our amazing cake lady to come up with these gorgeous pale peach mini cakes.  I just love the way they turned out, especially the polka dots, pearlised icing an intricate flowers on top!


The lace effect cake stand is gorgeous and we picked it up for only £10 from Ebay...proof that wedding accessories don't have to be expensive!


We wanted to come up with a unique design for the Chaivari chairs often used for weddings and we worked with our florist to collaborate on this creation.  I thought it could be a fabulous way to decorate the bride and groom's chair (and a perfect photo opportunity if they both sat side on whilst on these chairs!).  You could also use this design for the chairs at the head table to make a feature of it.


One of my favourite aspects of the job is coming up with new ideas for decor and this chair design proved REALLY popular at the show.  The best thing about it is that it's affordable too at only £15 per chair. 


Still loving the bird cage favour boxes!



It's amazing how a bunch of simple £13 white and pink tulips can look stunning when displayed in a lovely vase!  We also came up with a contemporary design for a centrepiece which is in the pic below...


It's just a rectangular vase displayed on it's side with three wired fresh tulips inside.  I think it would look stunning with orchids, roses or lillies.  If you had these displayed with varying sizes of candles and also normal vases of flowers, it would make for really interesting table centrepieces.

If you want to see more of our ideas, you can go to our website or our Facebook page!

13 comments:

  1. im so glad this change of career worked for you, its amazing!! i love your designs, ill definitely take some inspo when i have my wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely advise anyone to follow their dreams when it comes to their career. It's the best thing I ever did and I'm loving it so much :)

      Delete
  2. I have completely fallen in love with the bird cage favour boxes..they are beautiful...as is everything else :)


    mittens-discovering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The favour boxes are just sooo adorable! I love them so much. I wish I had seen them for my own wedding!

      Delete
  3. Will you be expanding to the USA soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately no.lol. I wish I could!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeousss!!!!


    xo Jenn

    imperfection-isbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning, your so talented Laura!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Holly...that's really sweet of you to say :) xx

      Delete
  6. You're so talented honey, I am so glad you are doing this now as you can tell just from your posts how much you love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I appreciate that comment :)
      I am so happy doing this now...it doesn't even feel like work to me!

      Delete
  7. awesum work..im so into all this..wish oneday ill fulfill my dreams too!!..

    euphemistic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)