Saturday, 25 February 2012

OOTD: Touch Of Pink

I love high heels.  My feet don't.  So in a battle between head and heart, I often try to seek out heels that I can actually walk in all day.  Skyscraper heels have the advantage of making your legs look considerably longer and leaner.  However, spend a day in them and you end up with a permanent grimace and feet that throb right through until the next day, rendering you a hobbling mess.  Not to mention the threat of the dreaded bunions!


Blazer: AWear
Top: Warehouse
Skinny Jeans: Dunnes
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins (link)
Necklace: Warehouse
Ring: Dorothy Perkins
Coin Bracelet: Warehouse
'L' bracelet: ASOS (link)


Faced with a whole day standing at a wedding show, I knew I wanted a shoe that was both flattering and practical.  Introducing the glorious mid-heel hot pink courts from Dorothy Perkins that only cost £22.  Ok, so they're not real suede but in my opinion, that can be a bonus.  I think we have probably all sported a pair of suede shoes, only to be unceremoniously destroyed on a rainy day!


The sizes run a but small in this particular style of shoe so for the first time in my life, I bought a size 6.  They come in a few eye popping colours and some muted tones - hot pink, green, orange, blue, nude, black, silver and polka dot.  I love the way high heels make you walk taller and they instantly make you feel more feminine.  I'm just glad I have found a style that affords me the ability to walk normally the next day!


This bird motif jersey t-shirt caught my eye in Warehouse yesterday so naturally I scooted on over the the cash register with it.  It's a great smart-casual piece in a delicate shade of blush.  But my favourite design feature has to be the fact that the bird has little scattered sparkly bits...I'm so predictable sometimes! The t-shirt has short sleeves and a relaxed fit so it's a perfect partner to skinny jeans a blazer/leather biker jacket.  I looked for the t-shirt online but couldn't see it but it was £30 and was on a rail with all the new stock so I'm sure it will appear on their website soon (generally it's the other way round though!).


I feel like such a kid because I get so much pleasure out of his new purchase purely for the fact it features my first initial.  This extremely cute and delicate bracelet is from ASOS and it really does pander to my love of fine chain jewellery.  Some outfits just call for more toned down accessories.  At just £4.50 in the ASOS sale, it was a no-brainer.

17 comments:

  1. Love your shoes!! You look smashing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...glad you like the shoes :)
      They are so cheap and comfortable!

      Delete
  2. Loveeee that top, especially with blazer! Outfit is fab :] ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara...the top is even more gorgeous in real life. The little sparkly bits catch the light beautifully :)

      Delete
  3. Love the blazer and shoes :D you look great :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Laura! I love the bracelets.. and I feel like you really have to condition your feet for high heels, definitely invest in some padding and moleskin for the backs of the ankles...makes all the difference in the world! :) xo p.s. Later on I'm going to be posting some things I bought for my apt. I figure it's the perfect time to let you know! ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to condition your feet!I find when I don't wear heels for a while it's so much more difficult when you put them on again! I never remember to buy moleskin but I'm promising myself I will in future. There's nothing worse than burning, cut up feet! And thanks for the heads up on the decor post! Look forward to seeing it all :D

      Delete
  5. Love the outfit hun! I have a pair of blue suede heels that I absolutely LOVE & recently picked up a gorguz floaty blue blazer too....I'm thinking a deffo outfit pairing ;)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aysh! Sounds like you have yourself a lovely outfit there! Look forward to seeing some pics :) x

      Delete
  6. Those bracelets are cute. Your hair is looking fab!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shoes are gorgeous! I also love your blazer and bracelets... You look fantastic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Charli and for taking the time to comment x

      Delete
  8. Love the outfit, those shoes are amazing!! Hehe also excited to find another Aberdeen blogger! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian...another Aberdeen blogger? Great news! I'm always keen to meet bloggers in the area :)

      Delete
  9. Love the outfit! Your post made me chuckle as I'm in exactly the same boat with the heel situation- if I find a comfy pair, I literally wear them until they fall apart!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)