Friday, 16 March 2012

More House Decor Stuff!

Today I have had a grin from ear to ear.  Why? Because I sat and passed my driving theory test! I felt ancient going in there with a bunch of 17 year olds but I put that aside and got on with it.  Also, I didn't just pass the test, I completely aced it so it's fair to say that I'm on a massive high!

That gargantuan grin could also be because it's only 6 days until the big move and I have been keeping myself busy with packing, the business and buying up lots of lovely things to fill the house with.  I will just quickly run through some of the things that I bought in the last couple of days.

I really want my make up and general cosmetics storage in the new house to be organised and most importantly, remain out of sight.  I am not a fan of clutter and I want to keep all my beauty product goodies safely tucked away.  I got these pretty flocked storage boxes from Laura Ashley to store my nail polishes and other bits and bobs.


I want the decor in the new house to be rustic but with a polished edge and to achieve that I will be mixing textures, shades and patterns.  The upstairs bathroom will have a feature wall covered by the delicate silver wallpaper below, whilst the remaining walls will be fresh white to give an airy, open feel.  I want all the hardwear and metalwork in the bathroom to be pewter as it has an older feel to it than silver.  I found the perfect chandelier light fitting in John Lewis today that fits the classical but sleek look I have been looking for.


I also put an order in for this John Lewis 5-arm cream storm candle chandelier which will be perfect in our master bedroom.  the feature wall in that room will be the same wallpaper as the bathroom but in a delicate cream and metallic beige.  I intend in adding colour in my choice of roman blinds and accessories.


I had searched all over for curtains for our sitting-room upstairs and finally found what I was looking for on Ebay.  The light mauve faux silk curtains below have a cute pom-pom trim on the edge for a little extra interest.  The material is heavy and has the loveliest sheen in the light.


I have been trawling Ebay for good quality feather stuffed cushions because they last the longest without going flat.  I found these two teal silk ones originally from Laura Ashley and won them for just £8.00.  They will be decorative accessories for our bed in the master bedroom.


I also picked up another flocked storage box on Ebay for just £7.00 and this will also be used for my immense make up collection.


I plan on creating a feature wall next to the staircase by painting the wall a soft mushroom taupe shade then hanging lots of pretty white photo frames featuring the happiest days we have had.  It seems like a great place to do that since you would be walking past there all the time.  This is one of the frames I got from Ebay:


The beautiful curtains for the inside of the front door are currently being made by non other than my mum.  She is experienced in making curtains and clothes and I can't wait to see what they look like!  I didn't want to use the usual tie backs so I ordered these wooden rose hold-backs from Next today:


Since the sitting-room will be the 'good room' where I will be hold meetings with clients now and again, I wanted  to go for door handles that made a statement.  These silver and glass ones will add a little touch of glamour to proceedings:


Since the front door will have curtains on either side, I wanted to up the cosy feel by mounting rustic gothic sconces on each side of the curtains.  I found the perfect ones on Ebay:


My make up brushes need a home on dressing table and what better to hold them than this crisp white owl from Laura Ashley:


And finally, I bought this cute little metal sign from (yep, you guessed it) Laura Ashley.  I could seriously buy the whole store at the moment! I am going to hang this just inside the outer porch to greet everyone as they come in.


No doubt I won't get much sleep before the move as I have generally been spending every night going over the decor for every room in the new house.  Oh yes, this new house business has quickly escalated into an out and out obsession!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE EVERYTHING.. but especially the clear handles. Such a nice touch with the faceting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love everything you are choosing- its great. Such pretty fabrics and finishes- you could be an interior designer and a wedding planner- is there no end to your talent?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see everything inside the house, it'll look so pretty when it comes together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your driving theory test - The owl is really cute, love Laura Ashley stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up a similar owl vase the other day. love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, i love it all!!! i hope the move went smoothly- that's super exciting to start over redecorating a new place. and i love all of you choices, you have lovely taste that's not too fussy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on passing your theory test - it's one of the best feelings! Love your home inspiration - can't wait to see the finished results xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura Ashley is the best for homey stuff! Everyone jokes that my house is like a Laura Ashley show home - I personally take that as a compliment!

    Good luck in your new home and congrats on passing your theory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the Laura Ashley home wares as well, they're so elegant.
    Congratulations on your dream home, you must be beyond excited! Hope it all goes smoothly! Looking at your post has me really wanting to move again so I can decorate too!
    Love the duck egg colours as well.

    www.allthelittlepieces-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)