Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Topshop. ASOS. Inglot. Escada.

A while back, I was casting a beady eye over some tweets and I stumbled across one from the gorgeous and very lovely, Holly over at The Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog.  She had posted a pic of a recent purchase from Topshop and I pretty much instantly fell in love with it.  I could quite easily swap wardrobes with Holly because we have very similar taste! I drool over the clothes/shoes/make up she posts about on her blog.  If you aren't already following her then you should be!


It didn't take long for me to pick the jumper up for myself and after the disappointment of realising it wasn't currently stocked in the Aberdeen store, I resigned myself to getting it from their online store.  A hop, skip and debit card transaction later and it was winging it's way to me.  It arrived this morning and from the moment I slipped it on, I knew it would be something I would wear a heck of a lot!


The white Topshop Knitted Scatter Stud Jumper was £38 and I ordered a size 12, although keep in mind that it's a loose fit.  I quite like daytime clothes to be marginally looser because ultimately, it's much more comfortable and you can have a big lunch out with the girls without worrying about sucking your stomach in! ha ha.  The jumper is made from 100% acrylic and soft to the touch.  It has a slightly sipped hem at the back for a relaxed look and the stud embellishments are just beautiful! It's definitely a hand wash garment...I wouldn't risk it in the machine!

In other news, my obsession with ASOS jewellery has not yet come to an end and I picked up this latest little piece in my most recent order.  This ASOS Skinny Cross Bangle is only £6.00 and I love how delicate it looks!


It is a very neat fit and it fastens with a hook and hoop mechanism...a bit of a challenge when you have no one to help you put it on!

Another purchase in this ASOS order were these pink Lagoon Ballet Flats With Low Metal Heel for £30.00.  They look really cute with skinny jeans and the Topshop white jumper.


I am a size 7 and these were a perfect fit for me, however I can feel that the upper heel area of the shoe is slightly stiff and may need a little wearing in to be completely comfortable


I love the metal heel detail as it stops these ballet pumps from being just another flat shoe.  The gold coloured heel flashes in the light as you move (not in a disco way...but that might be cool!ha ha).  The textured fabric of the shoes feels like it would be quite hard wearing as well.



With my job as a Wedding Coordinator and all the running around that's involved, it's becoming increasingly obvious that the ballet pump will soon become my best friend!


I also picked up another lipstick from Inglot, this time plumping for the 140 shade which is a vivid blue toned red (not for the faint-hearted).


This shade reminds me of Revlon Cherries In The Snow but it's just a smidgen more on the pink side.  It smells fruity and delicious and goes on very creamy.  The pigmentation is also impressive for a £10 lipstick and the colour lasts at least 5-6 hours before fading (provided you have primed the lips by exfoliating and moisturising prior to application). 


I think my next foray into the Inglot lipstick family will be of the nude variety.  Sometimes you can't beat a nude lip and I'm looking forward to having a dig through the shades again on Friday (I have organised a beauty event for Aberdeen beauty bloggers/professional make up artists).



I was sent the new perfume by Escada a few weeks ago and only just got the chance to give it a whirl.  I am very fussy about perfumes and there are only around 4 or 5 that I really like.


 Escada Especially is a feminine scent has the following notes:

Heart Notes
Rose Petals
Ylang Ylang

Top Notes
Pear
Ambrette Seeds

Base Notes
Musk


I would describe it as a floral scent with a lovely woody musk aspect that develops after the perfume has settled.  That lends it a lovely warmth that I look for in all my perfumes.  I love the design of the bottle, especially the gold coloured monogram lid.  Of course I am a fan of hot so the packaging speaks to my girly side!  I have actually kept the box for the perfume which I very rarely do!



More posts to come this week with regards to the rest of my ASOS order and some other purchases.  Also, I will be showing you guys some more of the housey stuff I have bought!

16 comments:

  1. The inglot lipstick is such a lovely colour! Looks amazing, will have to give them a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their lipsticks are fab! And there are loads of shades :)

      Delete
  2. Love the jumper on you, I just machine washed it inside a pillow case and it was fine but I don't think I'll risk it again!! Studs may not last well. Ohh those flats are gorgeous and I was looking at that bracelet last night, love it x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I would risk machine washing it...I do hate hand washing stuff though!!! So funny how we always look at the same things!ha ha

      Delete
  3. I love the jumper, such a pretty colour and the ballet flats are stunning. I normally have to avoid flats as I'm so short but the lovely contrasting gold metal heel on them makes them far more wearable for me. I'm off to search ASOS :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hate FLAT flat shoes.lol. I prefer ones with a small wedge heel or a little mini heel like this one. I walk funny in completely flat shoes!lol.

      Delete
  4. Love the jumper, it really suits you. The shoes are nice too, i loce the little heel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jumper is just gorgeous, I'm in love with it!

      Delete
  5. Oh I want the jumper and the bracelet! Off to purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...glad to be of service Sarah! :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love those flats! They are so cute :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really sweet and the delicate pink colour is lovely x

      Delete
  7. I love the ballet flats you picked up, the little gold heel is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I thought that too. I like my shoes to have an edge about them and they certainly do x

      Delete
  8. That colour looks really good! i'll definitely give Inglot lipsticks a try. Have you tried their eyeshadows? I wrote a review not too long ago about them
    http://lindsaycmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a look, thanks for that x

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)