Thursday, 21 June 2012

ASOS Coral Knitted Dress

I can't seem to stay away from the ASOS website at the moment and my latest dalliance involves two dresses, one of which is the feature of this post.  I would say it's definitely worth paying the annual fee of £14.99 to get unlimited next day delivery.  


It seems my current obsession with the colour Coral is showing no signs of waning.  This dress caught my eye immediately because it looked like a comfortable and versatile piece for summer. I look like a right miserable cow in the first pic...maybe one day I will get my blog photo face sorted out!


The length of this dress is perfection for me.  I am 5'7 and it hits about 2 and a half inches above my knee which is short enough to make it a lovely dress for night-wear but long enough not to be outrageous for daytime.  It can be accessorised with a belt at the smallest part of the torso, with flat sandals or heels and paired with gorgeous summer jewellery to mix it up.  I plan on wearing it on Saturday night with a black leather jacket and chunky black platforms to give it a harder edge.


This dress is made from 100% cotton and could be described as a fine rib-stitch knit.  Initially, I thought it might be overly clingy and unflattering but because it has a fitted high waist and pleated A-line shape, it's actually extremely flattering.  I was surprised at how slimming it was!  The fact that the dress is fine gauge knit means that it has some give in it too which helps in the boob area for me!


The back of the dress features a contrasting black false zip placket.  This strikes me as a brilliant summer dress and the fact that it's so comfortable means that it would be the perfect BBQ dress so you could eat to your heart's content without feeling restricted.  Funny...I've just realised how I often base my clothes around eating comfort...ha ha.


This dress was £40 and in my opinion, it's definitely worth the price tag because it's so wearable! The colour compliments most skin tones and the soft cotton knit doesn't feel itchy or irritate your skin.  I hope ASOS start making this dress in more colours because it's likely I would buy every one! It would look fabulous in a soft duck egg blue or maybe lilac.

To view the dress on the ASOS website, click here.

6 comments:

  1. The colour is soooo beautiful and it fits really well with your skintone. GOOD choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with the colour...mostly because it makes me look more tanned. ha ha. So happy with this dress! x

      Delete
  2. This dress is super, super cute and looks great on you, the color is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I wore it on Saturday night and got so many compliments on it! A good buy xxx

      Delete
  3. You actually look fierce in the first pic =)and This colour really suits your complexion, if I had legs like yours I'd wear dresses all the time. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, thanks!
      And thank you for the compliment! xxx

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)