Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Pastel Jeans & Flamingo Print

I had a client meeting today and the sun was shining for the first time in days so naturally, I dug out my new soft turquoise ASOS skinny jeans for their first airing since buying them last week.  To be perfectly honest, my life at the moment is a contradiction in fashion terms because I'm either dressed up for client meetings or slumming it in dog-walking clothes when I'm working from home.  Going from hiking boots to sky-scraper heels is a strange thing indeed but I refuse to let the fact that I live in the country mess with my mojo.  I am determined to bring the glam where I can!  


Initially I was a bit dubious about the whole pastel jeans trend because I had an inkling they might make my legs look tree trunks.  You know the old fashion rule...the darker the colour, the more slimming it is.  However, after all the vigorous dog-walking of late, I feel like my legs are toned enough to be able to get away with them (at least I flippin' hope so!...).  

I am a big fan of ASOS skinny jeans because they always have a bit of stretch, which lets face it, is a must when it comes to pouring yourself into these bad boys.  You need that bit of give when you sit down or things could get very uncomfortable!  Also, you are less likely to get that baggy-knee look...or worse...the baggy ass look!


The jeans are also very inexpensive at £28, wash well and keep their shape.  I love the soft turquoise shade which looks so fresh and summery when teamed with whites, neutrals and other ice cream sorbet shades. 

I'm also loving the contrast of the CND Tropic Coral nail polish against the turquoise hue! So summery!


Hubby's mum and dad were over recently from Ireland to stay with us and check out the new house.  Chris' mum always spoils me and this visit was no exception.  On arrival, Maddie pulled out a bag of clothes she got for me and I have to say that I love all of it.  The bag of goodies included this pale turquoise Flamingo-print blouse from Dunnes.  I love these kind of sheer tops for summer that can be worn alone or layered.  They are so versatile in that they can be dressed up with a blazer and skinny jeans or dressed down with flat sandals and denim shorts for warmer days.  I love the fun print, dipped hem at the back and the fact that it's a relaxed fit...good for long lunches!


I now have my sights set on some other skinny jeans from ASOS, namely the cornflower blue, white and if I'm feeling brave...the neon pink ones! Although I have a feeling you would have to be very careful how you styled them or you could end up looking like Barbie!


Jeans: ASOS (link)
Blouse: Dunnes
Blazer: A Wear
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins
Bag: Ebay
Cuff: Warehouse
Bracelet: Warehouse
Ring: New Look
Necklace: Accessorize

There is something I wanted to run by you guys.  I am currently in the process of transforming my blog into something bigger and better.  This may take a couple of months.  I wanted to ask if a decor/interior design section of my site would be of interest? I was also thinking about adding in a section for posts about wedding/event planning, more specifically the little details like cakes, flowers and place settings.  They are all things that I enjoy being a creative sort so let me know if it's something you would like to read about!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my God I am also so in love with the cornflower blue skinny jeans from Asos. I think I simply have to have it!!!
    You look great in the turqoise one, it suits you very good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty gorgeous aren't they! Quite an unusual shade of blue as well...that's what attracted me to them. Thanks for taking the time to comment :) xxx

      Delete
  2. You look fab! That top is so pretty
    I'd love to read about wedding bits, planning for my own. I enjoy blogs with a mixture of posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria :)
      Glad you would like to hear about wedding/event planning stuff...I love to witter on about all the little details that make up the big day. x

      Delete
  3. Love this outfit, the jeans look great on you! Good to know that the material is comfortable, I need some of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are very comfortable I can assure you and the colour is just sooo pretty :)

      Delete
  4. Love the flamingo top. I was dubious about pastel jeans too but I have some lilac ones and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird...I avoided them for ages thinking they would just look awful on me but it just goes to show that you never know until you try things on! x

      Delete
  5. i loooove this outfit! perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)