Sunday, 5 August 2012

New Shoes & An Amazing Body Moisturiser

I have a problem.  I have a problem and it concerns shoes.  See the thing is I have a lot of shoes and no matter how many I have, I convince myself that I need more. I don't think I'm alone in this.  Hubby often comments "But you already have a black pair of shoes".  Oh how little they know about footwear!  

Lately I have been concentrating a little more on flat, comfortable but smart pumps that I can wear whilst I work.  I am not particularly a fan of how my feet look in flat shoes (they resemble that of a clown's!) BUT the nature of my job demands a, dare I say it, practical shoe.  However, something which gives the illusion of smaller feet in this type of shoe is a little detail on the toe.


These nude/pale pink pumps from Faith at Debenhams seemed like the perfect go-with-everything shoe and at only £28, the price wasn't bad either.  They are mock suede which actually works out better for me in that they will be easier to clean/take care of.  The beading is stitched on and not just glued so I don't have to worry about the embellishments falling off after a week's wear.


I figured I would also need a nice black pair of pumps and I unexpectedly found this lovely pair on the Dorothy Perkins site.  I love the gold emblem on the toe and I now have my eye on the nude coloured ones too.  At only £23, they are really good value for money and I will probably end up buying every variation they come up with!


Ok so these aren't flat shoes but whilst I was browsing Faith for footwear, I spotted these and I'm a sucker for a platform shoe!  These dark peach suede platforms were down to £27.50 and the ankle straps make this type of shoe SO much easier to walk in.  I love the summery colour and they look gorgeous with white skinny jeans that hover just above the ankle.

I am still working on my shoe storage for the spare room.  I have been searching around for ideas on how best to store shoes and have seen some great ideas on Pinterest.  I can't wait to have my very own dressing room! It's work in progress but I will of course keep you guys updated on the decor and little details.


This week I also placed an order with Zara and one of the things I picked up was this gorgeous multi-coloured necklace.  They have some really lovely summer statement necklaces at the moment!  I teamed this piece with a simple white silk blouse the other day and it really made the outfit.


One product I just HAD to talk about is this Aveeno Moisturising Creamy Oil.  This stuff is nothing short of amazing.  To me, the perfect body moisturiser is super hydrating but also easily absorbed with no greasy residue.  This combination is not easy to find.  I have tried body oils in the past but they generally leave a greasy film on my skin, which can end up ruining your clothes or irritating your skin.  This is the first oil based moisturiser I have used that sinks into my skin almost immediately and I can't rave enough about how it has transformed my skin.


I apply this creamy oil every night before bed and wake up with the softest, silkiest, smoothest skin EVER.    I have talked about having Psoriasis in previous posts and this moisturiser has also helped to clear up small patches of dry skin on my elbows and legs.  The colloidal oatmeal and sweet almond oil in this formula have done wonders for my skin and I have now stocked up on 2 back up bottles...I can't be without it now!  Without doubt, hands down, the best body moisturiser I have ever used.

14 comments:

  1. I really want to pick up this Aveeno moisturiser now! Lovely shoes, I love a good flat... who am I kidding, I love a good flat, a good heel, a good boot! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it...it's amazing. So happy that it doesn't cost a fortune either. It's about £7 for a 300ml bottle which isn't bad and a little bit goes a long way!

      Delete
  2. Will be looking out for the Aveeno now, sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recommendations....well impressed with your shoe collection and those are lovely additions to it. I particularly like the peach sandals, gorgeous colour! Enjoy wearing, Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My shoe collection is well and truly out of control. I'm ashamed to say that's only half of it. ha ha.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh I am gonna hunt down this moisturizer, sounds fab! Thanks hun. Loving your purchases, that statement necklace is a stunner!

    Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The necklace is so summery and gorgeous...because it has a few colours in it, it can be teamed with lots of stuff! x

      Delete
  5. I have some serious shoe envy!!! Such a great collection- You have good taste! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dorothy Perkins shoes are so nice, I'll have to pop in when I get paid! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked to see how many nice flats they have! The nude ones in this style are even nicer! Hoping they get more sizes online because I couldn't find my size in my local store...isn't that always the way!

      Delete
  7. Wow!! It was really a Nice post.
    If u are interested in buying shoes online from unze's new and latest collection of shoes for men's and women's than check unze's official website at http://www.unze.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! It was really a Nice post. i also want to share something....
    If u are interested in buying shoes online from unze's new and latest collection of shoes for men's and women's than check unze's official website at http://www.unze.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)