Thursday, 9 August 2012

Review Of Butter LIPPY

I remember the dark dismal days when I was too scared to wear bright colours on my lips, for fear that it would make me look like a clown.  I stuck with nude lips all the way until one day, I was feeling experimental and tried out a vivid shade, you know, just for the hell of it.  Little did I know it would start a torrid love affair with bright lipsticks!  Now my lipstick collection features various shades of hot pink, coral and red.  I must admit that I generally limit my bright lips to night wear because I still feel a little conspicuous walking around Asda with full on red lips.  It just doesn't seem appropriate!


This post is going to feature two Butter LIPPY shades that have, quite literally, rocked my world.  The shades in question are Snog - a hot pink and Trout Pout - a creamy peach canteloupe (love the name!!!).  Sometimes I am a little cynical when it comes to nail brands developing other products.  However, in this case, the lip glosses have far exceeded my expectations on colour, pigmentation, consistency and longevity.


"Introducing LIPPY by butter LONDON. LIPPY is a range of long-wearing, lacquer-like lip glosses in shades to match our famous nail lacquers. Like the butter LONDON nail lacquers, LIPPY colours are rich and heavily pigmented for a look that is deliberate, high fashion, and luxe. LIPPY does not contain parabens, phthalates, sulphates, or bismuth. If you’re being LIPPY, look the part."


They weren't kidding when they used the word 'luxe' in the product description.  That's exactly how the formula feels when you apply it to your lips.  It's creamy, heavily pigmented, non-sticky and really lasts.  For glosses which are as intense in colour as these, it's important that they are also comfortable and don't look chalky on the lips or leave that awful scummy layer on the inner part of your lips.  They also smell amazing! I think the scent is watermelon.

The Trout Pout shade is just perfection for a natural daytime look whilst providing a bit of brightening peachy colour.  I really like the slightly opaque, creaminess of the shade and the way it just lifts my whole complexion and makes my face look fresher. I prefer this formula to the sheerer glosses I have in my collection because this one just packs that extra punch of colour.


The Snog shade is deliciously intense and goes on like a dream.  The colour is vivid, rich, creamy and actually a lot easier to wear than a lipstick.  It lasted ages on me which was a surprise given it's a gloss so I will definitely be rocking this colour next time I have a night out!


These glosses are priced at £14 each and given their high quality formula and finish, I think they are more than worth it.  If you are looking for an easy to apply, long lasting formula that can be used without lip liner then give these a go!

I wanted to also show you how the Laura Mercier Silver Baked Eye Shadow that I previously blogged about looked once applied:


I have really enjoyed using this eye shadow and it looks great with both the peach and hot pink lip colours.  I just added a little bit of a taupe eye shadow in the corner and through the crease to add subtle definition.  I am also wearing the Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Pink Tourmaline in all of these pics and although it doesn't necessarily show up in this light, you can see how it give your skin a glow.  It's seriously challenging my love for my Dior Amber Diamond Shimmer Powder!

*These two Butter lipglosses were sent to me for consideration*

14 comments:

  1. Both of these glosses look gorgeous on you especially the brighter one.I wonder if they're already available for sale,think i might have a look online in a mo!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a link in the post for the website that sells them :) x

      Delete
  2. These look lovely on the lips!

    Zoe xxx
    Zoe Lianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are quality lip glosses...actually they provide the best of both worlds...the pigmentation of a lipstick with the consistency of a gloss :)

      Delete
  3. Both look so beautiful on you! I also love the name Trout Pout, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that name too...great name for a gloss! ha ha

      Delete
  4. Oh the Trout Pout is lovely! Looks like such a great everyday shade. Going to have a poke online at these :)
    S xx
    http://www.belfastbeautylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic natural every day colour to add just a bit of polish to your makeup without looking overly 'done'.

      Delete
  5. I love these glosses. I have trout pout, its just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh glad you like it too! You should try some of the other shades :) x

      Delete
  6. your makeup is always flawless! love the eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Kerry...that is very kind of you to say :) x

      Delete
  7. These brights really suit you! Never be afraid to wear bright lips again! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The turning point came over a year ago and since then I love wearing beight colours on my lips...don't know what I was so afraid of! I've also noticed they photograph a lot better than lighter shades and give more definition to my lips :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)