Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Warehouse, ASOS & A New Project

I had hoped to post a couple of OOTD features however after a long day at a client's wedding, I realised I had left my tripod in my mum's car.  Taking photos of your outfit is nigh impossible without a tripod so instead of posting below-par images, I figured I would just take pics of a few recent purchases on the hanger instead.

My day-to-day outfits often consist of skinny jeans and a loose-fit blouse so when I spotted this beauty in the Warehouse sale, it was destined to be mine:


This blouse is 100% silk and features a contrasting snake print in tonal greys with a sheer cream back to it.  It features the current dipped hem trend at the back and is best worn with a vest top underneath (unless you are comfortable flashing your bra!).  It was originally £48.00 but was reduced down to just £20.00...so a total bargain!  This blouse looks really smart with black skinny jeans and striking with red skinny jeans too.  It's a perfect smart casual piece that's ideal with a blazer. It's only slightly oversized so I would stick to your usual dress size if you like tops to be a bit floaty or go one size down if you like the more fitted look.


I also bought this pale peach sleeveless embellished blouse from Warehouse for £20.00 reduced down from £50.00.  I do think a lot of Warehouse items are overpriced as I wouldn't have paid the full price tag for it anyway.  I love the subtle sequin embellishment on this piece and also the fantastic nude shade that will go with just about anything!


This blouse is made from 100% polyester and is slightly oversized so I went a size down from normal because the ruched sheer back panel gives that extra bit of room.  This type of garment is perfect for client meetings for me because it's trendy, smart but not too ostentatious.


I bought this gorgeous grecian-style coral ASOS dress from this Ebay seller, however I have spotted that a few sellers on Ebay carry this piece so shop around for your size.  The dress is a gorgeous hue and is made from 100% polyester so easy to take care of.  The wide shoulder straps and cross over bust make it extremely flattering on ladies with larger chests like me!


It's fully lined so no need to worry about people seeing your knickers! The back of the dress features a lovely cross-over design and open back.  Now this does cause an interesting problem when it comes to the choice of bra.  I do have a more decorative cerise bra so I will be wearing that with it Carrie Bradshaw-style.  Going bra-less just isn't an option for me I'm afraid.


I have been obsessed with the combination of coral and lilac recently so naturally I will be teaming this dress with my new lilac suede platform court shoes from ASOS:


I am in love with these shoes! The platform, the almond-shaped toe, the colour...everything about them is perfect.  I picked them up in the ASOS sale for only £27.00 and there are still a lot of sizes left if you want to get yourself a pair!

And onto a new house project that I decided upon a few days ago.  We have a small box room in the new house and up until now it has pretty much just been a place which houses most of my shoes, overspill from my wardrobe and the bulk of my make up collection.


I have now decided that I want to transform it into a boudoir-style walk in closet/make up room.  I have been collecting some inspirational images from Pinterest and here are some of the ideas I would like to recreate:


I particularly want to have a feature wall of gorgeous wallpaper where I will have wall-mounted shoe rails, somewhere to house all my jewellery, a make up display area and an area to hang my bags too.  I have always thought that it would be a lot easier for me to put outfits together if I could see everything I have.  Too many times I have thought "oh I should have worn those shoes with those jeans but they were buried in the back of my wardrobe so I didn't see them!".  Maybe that's just a sign that I have too much stuff though! ha ha.

I also want a huge full length mirror, a cosy rug, a lovely chandelier and a nice comfy chair in there.  The only thing that has been done to the room so far is the oak flooring.  The skirting boards are yet to be done but once that's taken care of, I can get on with decorating properly and letting you guys see the transformation when it's all done!

7 comments:

  1. I completely agree that Warehouse are over priced so you got some good deals on your blouses. I love your ideas for a boudoir style dressing room :) I definitely want to see pictures of the finished project :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you can pick up some really nice things in the sales :)
      I can't wait to get started on the dressing room! So excited!

      Delete
  2. I love the shoes. And the first top is really cute! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes are such a pretty colour! Definitely my new favourite heels :)

      Delete
  3. I mentioned this to you on twitter but seriously I love these choices!

    The tops and the dress are just amazing and I wish I'd found them first ;)

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. 全体のショーフィールドは、最後の高くてよく響き渡った音楽がパーフェクトを話すことができることを組み合わせて、!ボッテガ バッグ財布 ボッテガ・ヴェネタスターのお出ましが9点本来ことを譲って始めたショーを半開して10時半を遅らすことができてやっと開始することを除いて!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warehouse brings up to the minute dresses, tops and accessories to women who love fashion and shop for the hottest trends. survival warehouse food

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)