Saturday, 8 September 2012

Clear Skin & Nude Tan

I regularly get emails about skincare and how to prevent spots because although my skin is good on the whole, I do suffer from phases of hormonal spots now and again.  No one likes to wake up to spots all over their face (in my case they are usually concentrated around my mouth area).  Recently, I went through a 2-3 week phase of getting small spots around my mouth that just WOULDN'T go away.  I was wracking my brain trying to think of what I was doing differently to cause this.  I eventually realised that the Simple moisturiser I had started using contained Lanolin which my skin obviously doesn't like! It's amazing that even the moisturisers that claim to be purer than pure can still break you out.


My go-to skincare brand is definitely Origins and has been for some time now.  Their products may be on the more expensive side but they really do work, especially my two favourite spot fighting products:

United State Balancing Tonic - This product is brilliant at evening out skin tone, hydrating dry patches but at the same time, calming any spots or blemishes.  It's extremely refreshing on the skin and I use it morning and night at the moment whilst my skin is acting a little crazy.  As you can see from the above pic, I have almost run out so a back up has just been ordered from the Origins website! Crisis averted.

 "This tingly-cool, retexturising tonic is dedicated to the proposition that all skins can be created equal. Origins state-of-the-art exfoliators slough the flakes, sweep pore clogging debris and smooth rough spots. Laminaria de-shines T-zones without stripping or stinging, and Soy Protein protects moisture levels to prevent parching. Disunited dry and oily areas come comfortably together as one - refreshed, refined, rebalanced. Helps reinstate skin's balance for a user-friendly feeling. There's also aromatic Bergamot, Spearmint and Lavender to add pleasure to the process."


Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Pads - Origins Blemish Treatment line is just a godsend for those days when you wake up with a mahoosive spot on your face and you want to get rid of it...pronto! I have managed to prevent a spot developing by using these and the Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Gel the night before...by the morning the spot is less red and hasn't become all swollen. They also don't dry out my skin like other, more astringent alcohol based spot treatments, can. They are definitely must-haves in my bathroom cabinet!

"These clinically-proven, daily exfoliating treatment pads with Salicylic Acid, Clove and Oregano instantly help unclog pores to help clear, fight and fade active blemishes. Saw Palmetto minimizes excess oils and debris to help prevent future breakouts and blackheads."


I had mentioned on my Facebook page that I had used my Boots Advantage Points to buy the new Dior Nude Tan Glow Sun Powder in Amber (02) as a little treat to myself.  I am a BIG fan of the Dior Matte Sunshine Bronzer in Honey Matte so I was interested to find out if this more glowy formula could intensify my love for the brand.


"The objective: to imitate a natural tan with a nude skin effect, no matter what the skin tone. Dior has created a range of original shades suited to various skin tones, for a customized healthy glow that looks natural in both the white light of winter and in the intense rays of the summer sun. The bronzer comes in 3 shades with a neutral tone to use all year round, and corresponding warmer shades for summer".


The silver packaging feels heavy and luxe - exactly what I would expect of a high end cosmetics brand like Dior.  It comes with a mini kabuki brush which I, at first, passed off as pretty useless given the size.  However, I did use it to reapply a little today and it came in very useful! The brush is made of good quality, soft fibres and it also comes with a travel pouch.


In this close up of the beautifully embossed pan, you can see that there are no glittery particles to be seen.  The glow of this powder is very subtle and doesn't translate onto the skin as shimmer.  Think more ethereal glow.  The Amber shade is perfect for my skin tone and it doesn't look at all orange.  The formula is smooth, non-gritty and applies with absolutely no streaks or patchy areas.


Dior certainly hasn't disappointed me with this variation on their bronzers.  It more than passes on first appearances an I defy any beauty junkie to resist that pretty embossed pan!  This bronzer gives my skin an almost soft-glow effect that makes my skin appear smoother and more even.  It has good pigmentation and a light sweep is enough to transfer the right amount of colour onto your face.  Although it's on the very pricey range of their bronzers, I really think the quality justifies the price tag.  I think I will be saving this bronzer for nights out/special occasions to eek it out that bit longer.  A massive thumbs up to this product...my weeks of lusting after it weren't in vain after all!


Have you got this bronzer? What do you think of it?

8 comments:

  1. I love the bronzer. I think i notice that the shape makes it last longer than the other one. For some reason it just holds better. Havent hit pan.. yet. Will be curious to see exactly how they react once that happens. Hopefully not like nars products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I never thought about the shape of it...will have to keep an eye on it as it goes down. I do know that my Matte Sunshine compact wore down in an annoying way where I had to scoop the remainder out from the edges.

      Delete
  2. I'm also Origins mad and have been told to swap my Zero Oil toner for the United State one so hopefully it will help out.
    Love your necklace in the final photo, so pretty!

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The United State toner is really great for combination skin...it sorted my skin out really quickly :)

      Delete
  3. I like the color tone of brush. Thanks for sharing these reviews. Its really helpful to buy a good product.
    London Fancy Box Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    tan duxbury

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skin is a very sensetive parts of our body .n We should keep it clear. I think it is a helpful website where you find many suggestion about keep clear skin. You also find and know about many kind of skin care product.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)