Monday, 10 September 2012

FOTD Request

I have had a few emails asking for a complete breakdown of the products I used for the following look featured in my previous post about the Topshop lipsticks:


I always find it helpful to know which products have been used and why, especially if the blogger has the same colouring or skin tone as myself.  It just makes it easier to make decisions about which products to spend your hard earned cash on!

Here are the products I used with the appropriate links:


No.7 Skin Illuminator in Peach - This product is one of the best affordable illuminators to mix in with your moisturiser every morning.  It gives your whole complexion a boost, evens out your skintone and gives your skin a subtle glow under your foundation.  You can often pick it up at a discounted price with vouchers that you get from Boots with any general purchase.  They recently changed the packaging but it still has a brush applicator.  I would prefer a small nozzle as sometimes you can dispense too much product through the brush.  Just something to watch out for!

Jemma Kidd Skin Rescue Bio-Complex Veil - You can get it at a more affordable £25.28 on Beauty Bay than the usual £32.00.  This is probably my favourite all around primer to prepare my skin for foundation.  It's a silky liquid that creates a smoother, more even base for make up.  When I use this, my foundation looks fresher for longer and my skin looks flawless.  It also has lots of great ingredients to treat your skin as you wear it.


Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Make Up in Fresco & Shell Beige - I have two shades in this foundation so I can mix the perfect shade for whether I am wearing fake tan or not.  I don't need to harp on about this foundation because you all know by now that it's my all-time favourite.  I apply it with my fingertips and blend well to get a flawless finish.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover in Creamy Tan - A product I simply CANNOT live without. I don't use this as a foundation, I use it as an amazing do-it-all concealer.  It's incredible at covering up spots or redness of any kind.  I use it around my nose, to cover blemishes and sometimes as an under eye concealer.  The consistency is just so light and it's lasts forever...really it does!

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque - This under eye colour corrector is brilliant if you suffer from dark circles...which I do.  I have deep set eyes so I always have some kind of darkness going on there.  This peachy-coloured concealer cancels out any blueness in that area and makes your eyes look fresh and awake.  I just ran out and have repurchased my 6th Corrector!

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Sand - This concealer is great for when you need that extra bit of help in the eye area.  I apply the Corrector first and then this concealer over the top.  You only need a tiny amount to get great coverage.  The secret to good concealing is to apply it in VERY thin layers.


Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Pressed Powder - I like this powder because I often get redness in my cheeks and this helps to cancel it out.  I find that yellow based foundations and powders really help when you have any red tones in your skin.

Dior Nude Tan Glow Sun Powder in Amber - I recently bought this with my Boots Advantage Points and given the £34.00 price tag, I figured if I wanted to try it, that would be the best way.  I absolutely love this bronzer because it's so easy to use...there are no streaks, patchiness or orange tones.  It gives you a really lovely golden glow that looks really natural.

Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light - This is my favourite contouring tool, it gives you instant high cheekbones and only costs £6.49...bargain!  As you can see I have well and truly hit pan with this product because I use it everyday in my make up routine.

Nars Blush in Deep Throat - I love this sheer peach blush with subtle glowy particles.  It gives just the right amount of delicate colour on my cheeks and looks great with golden skin!

Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Pink Tourmaline - This is a fantastic highlighter for a lovely glow on your cheekbones.  The quartet of different shades makes for a multi-faceted sheen that catches the light beautifully.

Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Make Up Setting Spray - I love using this spray to take away any powdery residue that's left on your skin after using any powder products.  This spray basically fuses all your makeup together to make it look like skin, instead of products on top of your skin.  It also makes my make up look fresher for longer. 


Benefit Brows a-Go-Go Kit - I love using this kit to preen my eyebrows and the lighter shade is perfect for my dark blonde eyebrows.  A great alternative is MAC Omega eye shadow.

Bourjois Shimmering Shine Liquid Eyeshadow in Beige Metalique - This is a great inexpensive eyeshadow primer which is pretty much EXACTLY the same colour as Urban Decay's Sin primer.  You can get it on Amazon for less than £5.00.  It intensifies any neutral shades, holds them in place and stops any transferring.

Benefit High Brow - I always use this pale pink pencil to line my waterline making my eyes look bigger and fresher.  Because I have dark circles, I don't line my lower lashline and by using this pencil, I can make the most of what I have by making my eyes look as big as possible. 


Ardell 110 Lashes - These are my favourite false lashes at the moment because they look natural, add just the right amount of volume and length, they are easy to apply and you can buy x 6 job lot of them from Ebay.  You can wear them without feeling like you have crazy falsies on that look over the top for daytime.

Loreal Superliner -  My go-to look is always flicked cat-eye liner because it makes the most of the shape of my eyes and adds a little glamour to your every-day make up.  Because I wear this look a lot, I need a liquid liner that is intensely black, doesn't smudge or flake off and has a good felt tip for easy application.  This liner has all of these things and comes in at under £8.00.

YSL Luxurious Mascara Shocking Volume - I love this mascara because it gives my lashes fantastic volume and length (even without wearing false lashes).  I also like the original Faux Cils and Singulier Mascaras for similar effect.


I love this Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette but these shades can be bought in single form as well if you just want specific shades.

For this look I used Sin all over the lid, Skimp as a brow highlight and Bust in the crease to add subtle definition.


I then picked up my Stila In The Light palette to use Gilded Gold in the crease and outer edge of the eye whilst applying Kitten in the inner corners to open up the eye.

All those shades create a full-proof neutral eye that can be teamed with any bright lip.  Of course I mentioned in my previous post that I am wearing Topshop Idol lipstick in these pics with Estee Lauder Double Wear Lipliner in Pink.

Some people had also asked which products I used to style my hair:


Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum - This product smells AMAZING...like apples.  I apply it on my hair when it's damp to leave my hair sleek, smooth and super shiny.  It does all this without weighing my fine hair down.  This is my second bottle but it just seems to last forever! I had my previous smaller bottle for a year and a half!

Kerastase Elixir Ultime - I like to apply this amazing hair oil just on the last couple of inches of my hair to protect it from heated appliances and also to make sure the ends look hydrated and smooth.  It makes for an incredible hair mask as well for a more intense treatment.

Tresemme 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray - It's affordable, it's very accessible and it works.  This spray gives volume to my fine hair and helps to hold a wave without weighing my fine hair down.


I use my Enrapture Encode Totem Styler on setting 2 to get these relaxed waves in my hair.  I like the wide barrel and the fact that you can set the styler higher or lower depending on whether you want tighter  or looser waves.

I then use Loreal Elnette Hairspray to set my style in place.

Any more questions about this look, just ask and I will be happy to tell you :)

10 comments:

  1. Great post, so much detail. Such a fab colour lipstick.
    My Enrapture Totem Styler turned up in the post today and I can't wait to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh you will love the Totel Styler...it's really easy to use! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post! We have similar coloring so this is super helpful!

    xoxo Shauna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be helpful and thanks for subscribing to my blog :) x

      Delete
  3. You are so gorgeous! Thanks for letting us know what products you use :)

    http://lifeaskatarina.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What moisturiser do you recommend? :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use three moisturisers...Dove silk body moisturiser is a great all-rounder and every day light option, Origins Nightamins for nightime and Oxy Seaweed Power Deep Calm Balm for times when I have blemishes. Hope this helps :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)