Sunday, 30 September 2012

Glowy Skin & Glossy Hair

'Tis no secret that I love highlighters and anything that can add an ethereal glow to my skin is a winner in my book.  I'm all about the glowy skin people!  I don't discriminate between powder, creme or liquid highlighters; I love them all! I know that some people struggle with liquid formulas but my secret to an even and subtle finish is to firstly apply the product to the back of your hand, blending it in a little with your fingertips.  This creates a more even coverage on your fingertips and therefore, a more even coverage on your cheeks.  I like to simply dab my fingertips along my cheekbones to create a subtle luminosity.  If you want to amp up the radiance for night-time, simply apply a powder highlighter over the top.


Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer in Kitten Shimmer is described as "a creamy, skin-enhancing luminizer designed to give skin a fresh, radiant glow with four flattering shades. Aiming to minimise the appearance of fine lines and sun spots, the luminizer has soft focus pigments designed to add a touch of shimmer and diminish imperfections".


It's available in Pink Shimmer, Kitten Shimmer, Rose Gold Shimmer and Bronze Shimmer.  Kitten Shimmer is exactly what it says on the tin - a liquid formulation of the very popular kitten eye shadow shade which is a pale peachy golden champagne.  In other words...right up my street!


The consistency of this liquid highlighter is perfect for easy application - not too runny and not too thick.  The colour is really flattering on most skin tones, I would say, due to the subtle warmth to the colour.  I could see it working on pale skin and also darker skin tones.  It definitely has lots of reflective properties and gives a lovely healthy sheen to your cheek bones.  It's extremely difficult to pick up the effect it has on your skin on camera, so I used a flash in the pic below.  Because of this, the product shows up as being more shimmery but take my word for it, on inspection with the naked eye, it just has a really glowy effect.  If you are unsure whether the effect would be too much for you, my advice would be to go to your nearest Stila counter and do some swatching.


The best thing about the Kitten Shimmer shade is that it's suitable for both summer and winter due to it's delicate colouring.  It's cheaper than the likes of the Benefit liquid highlighters and you really dont need a lot to get the desired effect.  It can also be mixed with your moisturiser to give an all over radiance under your foundation.  I don't think I will ever give up my Benefit High Beam but this Stila product is a nice departure into a warmer shade.


Some of you may have seen my tweet raving about a new hair product I picked up on a whim at Tesco (this happens a lot with me!).  I have highlighted hair and that means I have to really take care of it to avoid it becoming dry and dull.  I have seen this product before but never considered it to be honest, partially because it's so cheap.  Surely something that only costs £1.20 for a 30ml tube couldn't transform my tresses into a glossy, healthy, soft barnet.  The product in question is Clairol Nice'n Easy Colourseal Gloss Intense Conditioner. It was previously only sold with hair colour but they have started selling it individually now.  This is what my hair looked like after ONE application, leaving it on for a couple of minutes, combing it through and rinsing thoroughly:


* Note - I didn't even straighten my hair! *

My hair felt so soft afterwards but not that annoying kind of fluffy, flyaway soft - just silky to the touch.  It was so easy to comb through my hair and detangle it after my shower.  It really does make your hair look so glossy, smooth and healthy looking.  The 30ml tube can be used 3-4 times depending on the length of your hair...all that for just £1.20.

This product is available for brunettes and redheads too and I highly recommend you try it to refresh your colour - I have already picked up three more tubes of it!

What's your favourite hair pick-me-up?

12 comments:

  1. I have just written this once and then my cat walked all over my keyboard and closed the window, but i'll try again :) I have never really tried highlighters but want to give this a go after reading this! And your hair looks amazing! Will definitely need to pick up some of the Colourseal Gloss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decky is slowly destroying my laptop...he has stood on it three times and flicked off 3 keys! Ooooh I would definitely recommend this or Benefit High Beam. And the Colourseal Gloss is so bargainous, it would be rude not to.ha ha. x

      Delete
  2. Oooh i do love shimmery products and love high beam. i almost bought Sun Beam but didnt think it was quite right for my skin, maybe this will have the golder colour I'm looking for!

    Your hair does look super shiny, I will have to try the brunette version!

    cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sun Beam is more bronzey than this highlighter. This one is like a very pale gold...a bit like Benefit Moonbeam. Defo try the Colourseal Gloss...it's brill! x

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks fab, going to have to hunt the colourseal down for that price, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      You could probably get it from Tesco, ASDA, Boots or Superdrug x

      Delete
  4. I love the Clairol Colourseal Gloss. I wrote a review about the brunette version on my blog www.becaboosmakeup.bligspot.com. Your hair looks gorgeous and silky soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh glad you love it too! I was really impressed with how glossy my hair was after using it. Not often you find something so cheap that really works! x

      Delete
  5. That should read blogspot not bligspot lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love that Clairol conditioner back when I used to dye my hair! I think I'll be seeking it out again, I love it when a cheap product actually works :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has all kinds of oils in it so it's not one of those silicon ones that just put a coating on your hair. It actually feels like your hair is being hydrated and cared for :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)