Monday, 3 September 2012

The Zara Embellished Knit

I know some people aren't feeling the vast array of embellished garments in Zara at the moment but contradictory to what everyone else seems to think, I couldn't be happier about it! I could quite happily buy the whole of Zara.  I find that a lot of clothes shops go through phases where they churn out item after lust-worthy item.  But then it just stops and ultimately you start to swerve that store from that time on.  Zara is probably my favourite shop for smart casual work wear.  Being a wedding coordinator, I like to appear smart, well put together and also stylish.  I feel like the days of coordinators wearing a suit are well and truly over!


One thing I will say about Zara is that their sizing is here, there and everywhere.  I never know which sizes are going to fit me in their dresses especially.  I have come to realise that they just don't cater for women with larger chests! Their dresses fit me perfectly on the hips and waist whilst my chest is flattened and squeezed in to within an inch of it's life! So not feeling that aspect of Zara.

However, last week I picked up this embellished jumper from the TRF section of the store and I absolutely adore it!  I can't actually see it on the Zara website so it may be a brand new piece to the collection.  It was priced at £45.99 and although I wouldn't normally pay that much for a sweater, I think the embellishment justifies the price tag.


I like to team it with my white skinny jeans and some nice boots or nude flats.  It's dressier than your average sweater so it very much falls into the smart casual category.  I love the embellishment around the neck, fine knit and ever-so-subtle metallic sheen to the thread.  I also like that it's lightweight enough to wear a blazer over the top when I feel like I want to smarten it up even more.  Some sweaters just bunch up under jackets and make you feel like the michelin man!


I also picked up this sweet little entwined heart necklace from Freedom for £6.00.  I love delicate gold jewellery and it's nice to have more subtle accessories for the times when you want to wear a garment with more detail...like the Zara embellished sweater.


The other Zara garment I have added to my hit list is this coat with studded sleeves.  I tried it on in the store and fell in love with it.  It would be the perfect stylish winter coat for work!  It's £129.99 so not at all cheap but I think it would be a lovely addition to my work-wear wardrobe.  Possibly something to get as an early birthday present...although my birthday isn't until December so I'm not sure that will fly to be honest! Back to the drawing board then...


Oh and if haven't already liked my Liparazzi Facebook Page, then it might be a good idea to scoot over there and do that if you are interested in hearing about post previews, info about upcoming giveaways and generally giving your opinions on what you would like to see on here. 

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the look of the jumper, I shouldn't have looked at this post I've been steering clear of Zara because I always end up buying from there!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jumper is just gorgeous and instantly glams up jeans :D
      I'm the same with Zara...everytime I step in there, I spend money!!!

      Delete
  2. Oo pretty jumper! I am a zara fan too but find the sizings are a little odd. Thankfully their jackets are long enough for me- I'm 5'10" and sometimes find clothing runs so short on me. Some of zara's pricing is a little odd too.. something are very affordable, yet you pick up the thing next to it and it is 3 figures! Still love it though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah their sizing can be all over the place...I've actually found a few times that their clothing has been mis-tagged, as in, there were jeans that were clearly a size 10 but they were labelled a size 12. I held them up to another pair of the same style and showed the shop assistant that the wrong label had been stitched into the jeans! That's happened 3 times now. They're lucky I love their clothes or I wouldn't bother with all the faffing trying to find my size!

      Delete
  3. That necklace is soooo pretty Lau x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe! It's one of my favourites now!

      Delete
  4. So gorgeous! I love everything knit. And the necklace is cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving embellished jumpers at the moment!

      Delete
  5. I have that heart necklace and paid £1 for it in the Topshop sale about 2 months ago! What a bargain that was. I also have the studded coat (great minds think alike), bought it a couple of weeks ago after seeing it in the window and falling in love. Shame it's so warm at the moment as I'm dying to wear it! I actually think that £130 is really reasonable for a winter coat so am very pleased with it : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh no! Don't tell me that! ha ha. We must have the same taste if you have that coat already! I fell in love with it straight away and you're right...£130 isn't bad for a winter coat :)

      Delete
  6. OMGOSH that coat is to die for!! I love it and NEED it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am determined to get it on the next couple of weeks...it's absolutely gorgeous!

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)