Thursday, 4 October 2012

AskHerFriends

If you are a regular reader of Liparazzi, you will know that it is very rare for me to blog about a particular service website.  I often don't find those kind of blog posts very interesting.  BUT when I received an email about this particular website, I thought it was such a good idea that I really wanted to share it with all of you. I want to firstly make it clear that I am not affiliated in any way with this website and this is not a sponsored post! I only post about things that interest me or I find helpful.

I think we have all excitedly ripped open the wrapping paper of a birthday or Christmas present anticipating something utterly fabulous only to be shocked, appalled or confused by the contents.  I certainly have had some dud presents in the past and although I know they were bought with the best intentions, I also know that Chris generally has no clue what to get me at any given time of the year.  Most blokes hate shopping and certainly don't enjoy trying to figure out what to get us girls out of the array of options available on the market nowadays.

 AskHerFriends could make the whole process a lot easier and less traumatic for our men!...


"Buying a gift for someone special should be one of the most natural things in the world, right? So why when we try to get something for our wife, girlfriend, sister, friend or mum is it such a struggle - with countless hours of searching, browsing and agonising? The way I see it there are 3 KEY problems:

A lack of ideas of what to get. Where do I actually start?
Lots of ideas but no clue as to what to go for! The agony of choice!
Will she like it? Will she hate it? Fear!

That's why I founded AskHerFriends - to try and do something about it. We crowd-source ideas by asking normal women to tell us exactly what they want - so we know our ideas are good. We give you a focused selection, reducing the choice but increasing the quality. And finally, we give you confidence - by asking her friends, you know that you're being advised by the very best people, the ones who know her best".


Basically AskHerFriends is a brand new, online gift-giving experience that helps the men in our lives find gifts that we ACTUALLY want. It uses social media to rally together those who know us best and they become his own personal team of advisers - this could include your mum, sisters or friends. 

It’s made as simple and hassle-free as possible for our men too:

1) He signs up and chooses from a wide variety of gifts and experiences on offer
2) He puts them onto his Advice List, which is then sent via e-mail or Facebook to her friends/family
3) They can then rate and comment on his choices, thereby deciding which of them she will love the most 

I think this is a really brilliant and innovative idea because I know I can trust my mum/friends to pick out what they think I would like the most.  Also, Chris won't have to agonise for months over what to get for me and wonder whether I will like the gift.  There's a fantastic selection of quality brands within the catalogue and I know I would be extremely happy to receive almost any of the gifts on there.

So, if you know your man agonises over gift-buying, then throw him a bone and forward him the website address so he can catch a break! ha ha.

For more info on this gift-giving website, go to AskHerFriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)