Saturday, 27 October 2012

Chantecaille & Zara

It's not easy to find a bold colour that works well for daytime without feeling like a painted doll.  Bright daylight, especially that of the autumn winter months, makes everything seem more vivid. Let's face it, that cold, stark white light pretty much shows up any flaw lurking on your face.  


When applying my make up, I always consider the time of day. For example if I'm going out early in the morning, I always apply my make up more lightly so that it appears more subtle and natural beneath the light hues of the morning sun.  As the light changes dramatically from dawn to dusk, so does my make up.  I generally save bolder looks for night wear.

However, I think I have finally discovered the elusive wearable daytime bright lipstick in Chantecaille Magnolia Lipstick...


"Lip Stick provides excellent definition, luxurious texture and vivid color. Its pure pigments are coated with lauryl lysine, an emollient that creates a film on the lips that is impervious to water and oil.  Made of natural beeswax that has a wonderfully comfortable feel, the formula is also enriched with vitamins A and C, emollient amino acids, and an SPF 6-8. Cruelty-free, without lanolin and animal or mineral derivatives".


The colour is somewhat difficult to describe - the only way I can describe it is a bright dusky pink with dark peach undertones paired with a luminous satin finish.  The pigmentation is VERY impressive and the formulation of the lipstick is gorgeously hydrating and smooth.  It's lasting power is pretty impressive too because it doesn't tend to transfer onto cups and such like when you are drinking.  Chantecaille Magnolia is one of those lipsticks that feels luxurious when you apply it.  It's without doubt one of the best lipsticks I have in my collection.


My favourite thing about this lipstick is that whilst the colour is bright, it's not overpowering and I don't feel conspicuous wearing it during the day.  It has a very wearable quality, both in colour and formulation.  It doesn't cling to dry patches on the lips or make them look overly opaque.  It gives a radiance and luminosity to your lips that just lifts your complexion and gives you a subtle polish.  I absolutely love this lipstick!


Yes, that's right, I have been loitering in Zara again.  It has become my favourite shopping haunt of late and I just can't seem to get enough of their goods.  Their current collections are just perfect for work-wear - smart, stylish and chic.  I was lucky enough to have this shirt bought for me by my lovely mum, who must have felt sorry for me as I longingly stroked it in the store.  I had promised myself I wouldn't buy any more clothes this month so mum treated me.


I love all the earthy tones that are around at the moment because they are perfect for autumn/winter.  Khaki, being a military shade, has a very smart look to it if worn correctly.  This heavy shirt with gold skull buttons was crying out to be paired with my new Zara studded sleeve coat, black tights and black boots.  I wore it all today for a day of wedding planning meetings and I loved the way it all looked together.


Although I swore the buttoned up look would never suit me, this shirt is roomy enough to wear it as such without it making me look too matronly.  I got a medium because I like my shirts and blouses to be slightly fitted to flatter my shape.  I actually saw someone wearing a buttoned up shirt with a necklace over the top and really loved the way it looked.  I tried it today and hey presto, I liked it.


I love the little skull details on this shirt and the slightly heavier fabric which is perfect for the colder weather.  At £29.99 I feel like it's really worth the price tag and definitely something that will be worn to death through the next few months.

11 comments:

  1. The colour looks quite similar to Rouge Dior Nude in Sillage which I have, just with a satin finish over a glossy/moisturising one. Very nice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a gorgeous lipstick. It's the first one from Chantecaille that I have tried x

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty lipstick colour! Chantecaille have some amazing products, still haven't purchases anything yet though because of the price.
    Still love your hair too! Really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chantecaille DO have some amazing products - there are a lot on my wishlist. It's only priced at £26.45 on the link I provided with free shipping so that's a bit easier to swallow :)
      Thanks for your compliment on my hair, I'm still getting used to styling it differently but I'm getting there :) x

      Delete
  3. I love it, you look gorgeous! And that shirt is awesome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comments Charlotte :)
      x

      Delete
  4. It's so nice that you are from Aberdeen too :) I recently moved here and I like it a lot! although the weather isnt exactly nice haha ;D
    where do u usually get your hair done if I may ask?
    Kerstin <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you just moved here? Where from?
      The weather hasn't been great lately but it is north east scotland after all!lol.
      I always get my hair done by Leigh at i-candy in the academy :)

      Delete
  5. I love the lipstick. You can really wear that everyday :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a gorgeous shade and you don't feel silly wearing it in daylight! x

      Delete
  6. Great post!

    Alessandra Xx
    Cakes, Cupcakes & Cosmetics
    http://www.cakescupcakescosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)