Saturday, 6 October 2012

More Ebay Finds & John Frieda Full Repair

As promised, here are a couple more of my latest Ebay purchases.  I have definitely been concentrating more on winter clothes recently that are comfortable, warm and layer-able.


French Connection Fine Knit Jumper £26.50 inc postage (rrp £75.00)

First up is this cotton mix fine knit jumper from French Connection with obligatory studs - what with me being a stud fiend and all! I like the subtle nod to the 80's with it's batwing sleeves and longline shape.  It has a  thick fitted band at the bottom so it can be worn flat or slightly pulled up on the hips.  I got a Large as I wanted a more relaxed fit.  The fine knit feels soft and luxurious and I can see why it was originally priced so high.


Back of jumper

The jumper feels really high quality, especially the embellishments, which feel very sturdy.  I plan on teaming this jumper with skinny jeans, faux leather leggings and pencil skirts. I like to have fine knit jumpers in my wardrobe as well as chunkier versions because they fit more easily under coats and jackets.  I think we have all squirmed around trying to force a chunky knit into our coat sleeves!


The next item is a staple in my wardrobe - the ivory floaty blouse.  This versatile piece is a must have for casual and more dressy outfits.  It's simple, stylish and just cries out for some interesting accessories.  This blouse is a second from Next with zip detailing to the chest.


Next Ivory Blouse £12.50 inc postage (rrp £40)

I love layering these kind of sheer blouses with jumpers and chunky accessories for practical but stylish winter wear.  This blouse is made from polyester but that actually works in my favour as often, my silk blouses can be difficult to care for.


Winter doesn't generally spell good things for my hair because it can get quite dry and frazzled with the constant change of temperature going into a hot house and then outside into the freezing cold.  I have been trying out some new styling products this week from the new John Frieda Full Repair range which are designed to combat the damage.


"John Frieda® Full Repair™ is a unique line of salon inspired products that revives overworked hair, repairing the look and feel of damage from frequent heat styling and coloring, without weighing hair down. Hair is instantly transformed into full-bodied style with natural movement.  John Frieda® Full Repair™ is the only full range of hair care products using Inca Inchi Oil.  Inca Inchi Oil is a natural oil that grows in a star-shaped fruit in the Amazon rainforest. It is high in Omegas-3 and -6 and has a wide range of uses, dating back to the ancient Incan women who used the oil in their daily rituals. It has been used in nutrition, skin care, and now Hair Care. Non-greasy Inca Inchi Oil is infused within the Full Repair™ Hair Care line. Our restorative formulas transform damaged, overworked strands into silky, shiny hair that's full of renewed life".


The Full Repair line of products was designed for fine/thin to medium-textured hair which is perfect for me as many restorative treatments can weigh my hair down or make it look greasy.


The Root Lift Foam is a light-weight styling product that lends itself well to the times when you want maximum volume and good hold.  This works best for me when I plan to curl my hair as it holds the style without making my hair crispy or too static.  It feels non-sticky, has a really pleasant fragrance and held my style all day without weighing my fine hair down.  It's also a multi-tasking product in that it contains Inca Inchi Oil and has heat protectant qualities so it negates the need for an additional heat protection spray.  This is a great accessible product and at £6.29, it's definitely an affordable option.


I found that the Heat-Activated Styling Spray was a great product for everyday hair when you just want to quickly blowdry and go.  Once again it is a multi-tasker that cares for your hair and protects it from heat as you style.  It left my hair feeling lightweight, manageable and with a healthy shine - which I am attributing once again to the Inca Inchi Oil.  For everyday use, I prefer products that I can't even feel in my hair.  I like my hair to look natural and have movement so this spray is perfect for that.  It's priced at £5.99 which again is good value for money considering the various beneficial properties.


The third and last product I tried from the range was the Perfect Ends Deep Infusion Serum which I apply on the last two inches of my hair before styling.  It does a great job of smoothing out dry ends, disguising any split ends you may have and generally making your hair look extremely healthy and silky.  The breakthrough formula with Inca Inchi, a lightweight, micro-oil rich in omega-3, feels like it absorbs into your hair as opposed to just superficially coating the surface.  It really feels as if it's improving the condition of your hair as you use it over time.  I have found it can also be used as an overnight treatment for really soft, silky hair but only apply it to the last couple of inches.  It's priced at £6.99, which for a product like this, is very reasonable.

I was very impressed by the quality of the styling range, it's ability to intensively hydrate hair without weighing it down and the fact that every product has more than one benefit.  Thumbs up to Full Repair!

14 comments:

  1. Ahh you have such great taste, the FC jumper is amazing!!! I need to start scouring Ebay x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are some fantastic bargains on there...defo worth a look! x

      Delete
  2. Really like that jumper, great ebay find! I could do with trying that perfect ends serum :S

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)


    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for casual wear...I've worn it for the past three days! ha ha. I don't wanna take it off! x

      Delete
  3. oh, I Love your shopping! I'm going to find something similar for me :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I better ease off on the shopping or I'll have no money left! ha ha x

      Delete
  4. I love both of these, three cheers for Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my new stalking ground! ha ha x

      Delete
  5. Brilliant finds! Thanks for sharing, think I'm going to have to purchase both the jumper and the blouse for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was rather pleased with myself. The jumper has to be my favourite :D

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love the jumper and as for the shirt, I need it! Wow, great taste. I love seeing a post on 'eBay finds' I buy almost all of my clothes this way now, but I never really blog about it. Perhaps I should start! Thanks for an interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely blog about it! I love seeing what other people have picked up on Ebay :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)