Thursday, 4 October 2012

My Latest Ebays Finds

I had a bit of an Ebay splurge at the weekend and my bounty has now started to arrive in the post.  I just love the fact that you can win items at a fraction of their RRP.  There's something about getting a bargain that gives me a warm, cosy feeling inside!  Ebay isn't just for second hand clothes.  There are loads of sellers who have stores filled with shop seconds, discounted styles from past seasons or even high street stores who now have discounted shops on Ebay. Here's a quick look at the items that have arrived so far (I have included links for items that are still available)...


French Connection Cuff £6.00 inc postage (rrp £37.99)

I love wearing chunky gold pieces with delicate feminine blouses - I feel like it makes for a nice contrast.  This cuff has that weight that you want from good quality costume jewellery, it feels well made and I love all the design details.


French Connection Silk Vest Top £11.50 (rrp £45.00)

I am a big fan of this cobalt blue-almost purple colour - it generally works well with black contrasting pieces and neutrals. This silk top is gorgeously floaty, slightly sheer and the perfect hip skimming length.  It's a personal bug-bear of mine when tops fall short.  I mean, if I wanted to show my torso, I would buy a crop top!



I love this necklace because it allows you add a little bit of a rock edge to your outfit even if your overall style isn't necessarily that edgy.  It adds a bit of interest to basics and it's an inexpensive way to update your outfits. It doesn't have the weight of the French Connection jewellery but for just under £6, I wasn't expecting it to.


French Connection Silk Ecru Belted Shirt Dress £29.50 inc postage (rrp £117.00)

I bought this dress when the Ebay French Connection Store sale was on so I think it's now priced at £54.00.  That's still a great saving but I would say they will have another sale before Christmas so keep an eye out! 

Shirt dresses are perhaps the most versatile garment in my wardrobe.  Why? 

1) They can be worn with a khaki army jacket, cute flats and simply styled for a relaxed look
2) They can be dressed up with stylish heels and a blazer for client meetings
3) They can also be teamed with statement platforms and jewellery for a night out
4) They can even be worn in the autumn/winter months with black tights
5) The cut of a shirt dress is flattering on most body shapes emphasising the smallest part of the body - the waist.

This French Connection number is described in colour terms as 'pavlova' which essentially means cream.  It's a neutral piece with endless accessorising possiblities.  It's smart but the silk fabric lends a more feminine feel and draping.  You can also replace the silk belt with a statement belt of your own to add a different dimension.



I like to have necklaces like this in my wardrobe to accessorise basic t-shirts and blouses.  I like French Connection jewellery because it doesn't taint over time like some other high street stores.


Topshop Cream Knitted Jumper Dress £18.24 (rrp £40)

I really wanted to get some knitted dresses for winter because they are a great way of dressing for cold weather whilst retaining a feminine style.  They can be worn with tights or legging, flats or heels and they keep you cosy when the temperature drops! I have been wearing mine with my new Zara coat, black tights and black ankle boots.

I have a few more Ebay purchases winging their way to me in the next couple of days so I will update you when I get my paws on them!

10 comments:

  1. Those are wicked finds

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I was rather chuffed with myself...my purse wasn't too impressed with me though after my mammoth spree.ha ha.

      Delete
  2. wow, love the jumper dress and army shirt dress! Great finds x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky we don't live near eachother or we would be enabling eachother every time we went shopping! ha ha x

      Delete
  3. Love that shirt dress! Lots of lovely Ebay bargains x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good find, I was so chuffed with it :D

      Delete
  4. The cuff is absolutely gorgeous! Should Ebay some more methinks

    x Joanna @ The Treasure Chest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cuff feels so luxe...it's gorgeous :) x

      Delete
  5. I love the cuff and all the jewelery! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have waaay too much jewellery but I couldn't resist it! x

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)