Friday, 5 October 2012

Review Of Benefit Sugarbomb & Hoola Lip Glosses

Being a massive fan of a lot of Benefit's products, I was excited to see they had created lip glosses that match the various shades of their popular face powders.  Coralista and Hoola are firm favourites of mine so what better than to have them in a lip shade?

"Our new plush glosses glide on extra smooth and feel ahhh-mazingly silky & luxurious. The six irresistible shades, from sultry nudes to punchy pinks, come in soft-squeeze tubes with a custom tip designed for perfectly even application. Beauty bonus: They’re the perfect partners for our bestselling box o’ powders!"

Dandelion (soft pearly pink)
Dallas (dusty rose)
Sugarbomb (shimmering pinky nude)
CORALista (sheer coral)
Bella Bamba (sheer bright watermelon)
Hoola (shimmering golden nude)


As yet, Benefit don't seem to have any plans to create a Thrrob, Georgia, 10 or Hervana lip gloss to add to the range but you never know...

Each box for the lip glosses has been designed with it's namesake face powder in mind, featuring individual correlating themes. I was sent Sugarbomb and Hoola to sample what these glosses have to offer and as expected, they are packaged in the usual fun, whimsical Benefit style that we have all come to love.


The glosses come in practical squeezy tubes which I prefer to using a brush applicator because it's ultimately more hygenic and less messy.  In my opinion, Sugarbomb is a pale dusky neutral pink shade with subtle glossy shimmer, whilst Hoola is a sheer nude with glossy shimmer.  The shimmer is finely milled and so cannot be felt on the lips.  These glosses would also be great layered over a similar lipstick shade to create maximum impact.

If you are into highly pigmented lip glosses then these probably aren't for you as I would say they are similar to Lancome Juicy Tubes in that they are very sheer in pigmentation and finish.  Don't be fooled by the colour you see in the tube as it's considerably more sheer than it appears.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's definitely a product that should be swatched at the counter before purchasing.  I know everyone has different preferences when it comes to lip gloss so take that into consideration before spending your hard earned cash.


The consistency of these glosses is impressive - they feel silky, non-gritty, moisturising and don't gloop up in the corners of your mouth like some glosses can.  For me, they make a better daytime gloss as they give your lips that little bit of polish without having too much pigment. The Hoola shade can add a whole different dimension to nude lipsticks.


The truest reflection of how they look in real life and on the lips is shown in this next pic...


I tried to take pictures of the product on my lips but I couldn't accurately capture the effect because the shine is multi-faceted and my camera just can't pick that up. They have a pretty iridescence to them that has a plumping effect on your lips.  But again if you are a fan of statement bold lips then these might not cut the mustard for you.

The thing I really liked about these glosses is that they are comfortable to wear and didn't highlight any dry patches on my lips (gross I know but it happens in Winter!). They are also incredible shiny and glossy so they make the most of what you have naturally.  My only criticism is that the fragrance is a little strong for my liking but other than that I think Benefit have done a great job!

The glosses are £13.50 each and are available here.

5 comments:

  1. These products look great, and will give them a try! We love all Benefit products! :) What other Benefit products do you enjoy using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love High Beam, Coralista, POREfessional, Hello Flawless, Eye Bright, Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow/Liner, Brow Zings, Hoola, Posietint, Cha Cha Tint. I never realised just HOW many of their products I like/use until I listed them all there!

      Delete
  2. Georgia and Thrrob are discontinued, weep! WHY, really, why?! They were really the only box o'powders suitable for my skin tone in terms of blusher rather than bronzer :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping they might resurrect them!...and then do matching glosses! lol.
      A girl can live in hope!!!! x

      Delete
    2. I was gutted when I went to repurchase Georgia (after the first box lasting me a couple of years of regular use!) and saw that they no longer make it. It is perfect for brightening pale skin! : (

      The glosses look lovely but it's made me want a Georgia gloss! x

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)