Wednesday, 3 October 2012

The Embellished Zara Coat

I had been looking for a coat to see me through winter for some time.  Scouring French Connection and Zara seemed like the best option as I've always found what I'm looking for in previous years.  Every coat I have purchased from either brand have had a classical style with a twist and have lasted well over 2 years.

So naturally I found this year's perfect autumn/winter coat in Zara...


I had been coveting this navy wool-mix coat ever since I tried it on in the Aberdeen store.  At the time, I checked the £130 price tag and reluctantly walked away from the hanger knowing it just wasn't a justifiable purchase that month.  However, I ended up buying it from the Zara website because it was just too fabulous to pass up.


It will make an ideal work coat, given that I have to look smart, stylish and put together at all times in my daily working life.  The studded sleeves add that touch of interest and allow the rest of your outfit to remain relatively unfussy without looking boring or dull.  The coat (which also comes in a khaki shade) only has two metal fastenings in the neck area but I generally prefer to wear it open with a lovely woollen cosy scarf.


The coat feels like a quality, well-made garment and the embellishment on the sleeves feels sturdy i.e. the studs aren't going to fall off if you accidentally whack your arm off the table.  It's definitely worth the £130 price tag because I can see myself wearing this for the next couple of years.  It can be worn with a diverse range of outfits, it's the perfect length for heels or flats and can be dressed up or down.


I have found that my Faith studded black suede boots made a lovely partnership with this coat.  I doubt I will be able to wear them when winter hits and the snow and ice appear so I better make the most of them while I can!

Have you bought your winter coat yet? Where do you normally find 'the one'?

12 comments:

  1. a) the house is looking brilliant Lau! If only I lived closer, I'd have been over for a nosy and to test out some of your amazing home cooking sooner ;o) oh, and to give Decky a stroke!
    b) when you first posted about that coat, I knew you'd get it, as it is totally justifiable with you meeting clients constantly, and despite it being studded, and studs being in now, this won't look dated at all over the next couple of years , as there's something VERY timeless about it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a) Thanks so much Chloe...I really should blog about it soon. Me being the eternal perfectionist I wanted to wait until it's perfect but there's so many jobs to do that could take as while! ha ha.
      b) There is something very timeless about the tailoring of the coat...so I agree! :D

      Delete
  2. Love this coat so much!!!! Warehouse also do a similar version but I [refer this one. Your house looks so nice and cosy too :) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Warehouse version actually but I wasn't keen on the zip at the front. My house is coming along nicely. I'm hoping to post some decor bits and pieces soon :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, it looks as fab as I thought it would. So tempted ... Great pics, your home looks like it has come together well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      The coat is really fab and totally worth the splurge x

      Delete
  4. It's gorgeous, I love it!! p.s. love hearing about the backyard escapades of your new house! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      There are too many backyard escapades to mention...there is a plethora of creatures in the land surrounding the house. The otters have been running a muck in the back garden but they are too fast for me to get a good pic! ha ha

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous coat!!! I'm struggling to find a winter coat so much this year, I swear I have tried on a million x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asha :)

      I generally struggle but for the last couple of years I have relied on French Connection or Zara. You can't go wrong with them. They are pricey but generally worth it.

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)