Thursday, 29 November 2012

Review: GHD Root Lift Spray

I have always longed for thick, lustrous locks but unfortunately we can't have everything we want in this life so I have come to accept my fine hair for what it is.  This means I am always on the hunt for hair care products that will add that extra oomph to my flat hair.  I am not a fan of back-combing my hair every day because it's incredibly damaging and just leads to a head full of split ends.  Not a good look!

I had heard good things about the GHD Root Lift Spray and decided to give it a whirl to try and inject some much needed volume into my barnet.


As you would expect, the spray comes in very sleek and simple packaging which has become synonymous with the GHD brand.  Here's the low-down on what the product claims to do:

"Prevent your style from falling flat by prepping with this effective boosting spray – the perfect pick-me-up for hair prone to looking limp and lifeless. Contains the ghd Heat Protection System. Best for: Creating root lift and body in fine, limp hair; Creating a firm foundation at the root area for styling; Giving a boost to styles that have fallen flat or been slept on".


Although this has a very practical spray nozzle, I personally prefer to spray it into my hands and work it into my roots with my fingertips.  I find with all hair products that this distributes it more evenly rather than just saturating clumps of your hair.  I only use 3 sprays of this Root Lift Spray to achieve the results shown below and it works really well, even on my (now) super long hair.  This spray is aerosol free, smells very pleasant and doesn't have that sticky feel that some volumising products have.

I really like that you are getting two products for the price of one, given that the spray also contains the GHD heat protection system.  I'm all about the heat protection people!  I simply used a large bristle round brush to tease the hair upwards and with no back-combing whatsoever, this is how much hair turned out...


I am pretty darn impressed to be completely honest with you! It's very difficult to create volume when your hair gets past a certain length but this product made it really easy to create more lift in the roots of my hair.  It feels very lightweight with no 'crispy' sensation and the hair still has movement which is important to me as I prefer the natural look.  The volume lasted a good 10 hours without me having to faff around with my hair - pretty good when the atmosphere is decidedly damp outside!

The product can also be used between washes apparently but I found it worked MUCH better when applied on damp hair and dried fully with a hair dryer.  I suspect it needs the heat of the dryer to reach it's full potential.  The RRP for this product is £12.95 but you can get it here at the moment for £9.90.

I will definitely be using this product copiously over the festive season what with all the soirees I have lined up (soiree sounds MUCH more sophisticated than a plain old night out).  My 30th birthday is coming up in December so having more voluminous hair might detract from the grief of exiting my 20's!

5 comments:

  1. Your hair looks super long, lovely x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a long time to dry now!lol

      Delete
  2. Have you tried the Evo powder - its mad!! I have really fine hair and even I get a thick barnet :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that product but I will check it out! Thanks x

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)