Monday, 10 December 2012

Filigree Footwear & Snow Scenery

As soon as I set my peepers on these ballet pumps, I knew it was just a hop,skip and a jump into my online basket.  I never used to shop the Dorothy Perkins site but lately they have been on fire with regards to their footwear and knitwear.  I don't know what changes have occurred behind the scenes but I sure hope they continue!


The taupe/grey ballet pumps are made from really pretty metallic shimmer fabric but it was the filigree toe detailing that stole my heart! I love a statement toe! (did I really just utter those words?).


They are comfortable, practical and only £17.50 in the sale! I figured they were the perfect smart/casual footwear for the festive season when my feet have been utterly punished by towering heels.


The sizing is spot on so have no fear in ordering your usual size.  They remind me of something you would see in Dune or Kurt Geiger but for a fraction of the price.

As you will have seen on the news, Scotland has been blanketed in snow over the past couple of weeks.  Aberdeen was no exception and  have to admit that I really enjoyed it - what better than to decorate the house with Christmas sparkle whilst looking out of the window and seeing a winter wonderland?  Granted it's bloody cold but that just gives me an excuse to drink copious hot chocolates.  I'm all about the silver lining people!


Our house and garden resembled a Christmas card scene so I took advantage and snapped some photographs.  



The snow just cleared today so I can finally take the car out without fear of sliding off the road.  I was hopin the weather would turn milder this week as I didn't fancy teetering around on Saturday night for my 30th birthday celebrations whilst wading through a few feet of snow.  Fingers crossed that doesn't happen!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god! Those pumps with the toe detailing! They are gorgeous just stunning!

    Dp
    X

    Www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)