Friday, 14 December 2012

My 30th Birthday

I just wanted to do a quick post about my 30th birthday.  I survived it unscathed and had a lovely day shopping with hubby and then at my parent's house having a lovely meal. I won't post about all my presents but rather give you a look at some of the things my nearest and dearest gave me.

I am over the moon with my present from Chris and since I am fussy about watches, he took me shopping to find the perfect one.  I have always loved Michael Kors watches and often drooled over them in other people's blog posts.  I didn't intend on getting a rose gold watch BUT once I tried this one on, it was love! I'm never taking it off!


I also got this rather lovely bottle of Vintage Moét & Chandon champers which will be enjoyed at Christmas time with all of my family!


My wonderful friends from the US sent me this beautiful pearl and cubic zirconia bracelet which shall grace my wrist tomorrow night as I celebrate.


My one of a kind mother-in-law Maddie sent over this absolutely beautiful Modalu fuschia suede bag which is just SO me! The suede is so buttery and soft so I will have to be very careful where I place it.  I will definitely be investing in some protection spray for it! These bags are available from John Lewis and well worth a look. This one hasn't left my arm since I got it and I've had so many compliments in it already.


My official birthday bash is tomorrow night so I am looking forward to getting all dolled up, catching up with friends and sipping on some cocktails!

I had been on a healthy eating kick for the last 5-6 weeks to lose a few lbs that had crept on whilst I wasn't looking.  I am delighted to say that I reached my goal weight and lost 11lbs in 6 weeks.  I wanted to lose the extra weight before my birthday and Christmas so I would feel at my very best, especially since my dress for Saturday night is what could be termed as body-con!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and your presents are fabulous!!
    Kisses from Hamburg, Jule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated bday hun!!! love the MK watch! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! It's my 30th today and I got a Michael kors watch too! I got the silver one though.
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday- Hope you have a lovely time tomorrow and enjoy celebrating everything! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was waiting for this post
    such a nice watch and Bag =)
    Lucky Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely presents Lau, but then again, you deserve them all! Your mother-in-law is a keeper too, as I'm sure Chris is, so it all works out for the best ;o)
    Once again, happy birthday beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the watch and bag! Happy birthday once again, and have fun for your birthday bash! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous MK. his watches are unbelievably lust worthy. cant live without mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous watch (and the colour of that bag is just droolicious!), I'm glad you got such lovely presents! And congrats on the healthy diet pre-Christmas, I don't think I've been doing so well with mine...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)