Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Shiny Vamp Heels & Skin Brighteners

The perfect gift for me is generally a gift voucher. Some people feel it's a gift devoid of any imagination but given how fussy I can be about clothing and shoes, it's the perfect answer to snapping up something that you've had your eye on for a while.  Normally I have no justification to buy yet another pair of gorgeous shoes, however, a gift vouchers allows me to indulge in something as a treat.  My big brother and his girlfriend gave me both a gift voucher and a gift for my 30th birthday so invariably I had the best of both worlds.

I knew exactly what I wanted to spend my Zara gift voucher on...



I have been lusting after 90% of the gorgeous shoes in my local Zara store for a few weeks now.  I knew I wanted a new pair of shoes to wear for the first Aberdeen blogger meet on Friday night.  Although these lovely shoes are heavily embellished on the peep toe, they have a timeless quality that really appealed to me.


I love the delicate ankle strap, stiletto heel and retro peep-toe style that is both comfortable and pretty.  The embellishment matches the high quality of what I have come to expect from Zara.  These shoes are just on the upper scale of what it comfortable with regards to heel height.  Stiletto heels are notoriously awkward to walk in and have a tendency to slip on wooden/tile surfaces so I guess I better watch out for that!


I plan on wearing them with a lovely black dress I picked up in TK Maxx yesterday.  It's a shop I have never really looked in before but after a quick shuffle through the dress rail, I found a really pretty figure-flattering dress for only £29.99.

Now onto a product which I had shelved as a summer-only affair.  This is the third tube of Estee Lauder DayWear Sheer Tint Release that I have bought and there's a very good reason behind my reoccurring obsession.


First of all, EL DayWear on it's own is a fantastic day time moisturiser that is packed full of goodness for your skin.  It smells really fresh and keeps my skin hydrated.  However when you add in the aspect of a sheer tint, it just boosts this product into the hall of fame in terms of complexion pick-me-ups.  The moisturiser in the tube initially appears as a pale green/greyish formulation:


On closer inspection you can see that there are tiny grains within the moisturiser which are actually spheres of  sheer tint.


Once this moisturiser has been blended into your face, it adds just a touch of colour to your complexion that has this amazing brightening effect.  My skin comes back to life when I use this moisturiser and that has come in particularly handy after rather big nights out on the town! This is THE perfect moisturiser to make yourself look human whilst suffering the depths of a hangover!  It gives my skin just the right amount of colour it needs to look healthy, radiant and fresh.  So it's not just a summer product after all!


Another wonderful skin saviour I have been using of late is Neals Yard Wild Rose Beauty Elixir which contains Wild Rosehip Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C and Tumeric.

"Luxurious Wild Rose Beauty Elixir is enriched with wild rosehip oil, one of nature’s richest sources of antioxidant vitamin C, proven to help repair, firm and smooth the skin, ultra-moisturising hyaluronic acid, brightening turmeric, an anti-ageing peptide and the pure essential oils of frankincense and geranium. Use morning and evening after cleansing for radiantly glowing skin".


I have been applying it every night before my moisturiser to help shift some stubborn patches of dry skin around my nose and chin area.  Because it's oil-based I stick to night-time application as I don't think it would be suitable to wear under foundation. It is almost gel-like in consistency and sinks into skin quickly considering it's oil-based formula.

After a couple of night's I noticed a vast improvement in the texture of the dry patches and by the third night they had completely gone! It definitely had a brightening effect on my complexion and it's a brilliant treatment to guard your skin from the harsh elements of winter weather.  It left my skin feeling so smooth and silky.  I will definitely be keeping this on hand for when my skin starts to show the signs of wear after a night out. There seems to be a theme developing here...well...it is Christmas time after all!

6 comments:

  1. I saw these shoes in nude at my local ZARA Store. So gorgeous! Nevertheless I wear stilettos not often enough to justify a haul ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaa the heels are so hot. Love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in Dubai I saw these stilettos at Zara they are really gorgeous.. and Gift card for me also is the perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are to die for!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you, I much prefer receiving gift vouchers. The Rose Elixr sounds amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing heels love love love xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)