Monday, 21 January 2013

My Winter Wants

Despite the weather being incredibly temperamental at the moment, I have been vehemently concentrating on the silver lining.  The fact is I am a winter person at heart. I love layering, snuggly scarves and hats, statement boots and gorgeous winter coats.  Living in a colder climate forces you to fit fashion around what is practical for you.  Dressing for the cold doesn't have to mean missing out on all the gorgeous trends out there though.

I just wanted to share my 'winter want' list with you all:


ONE - ASOS Oversized Pocket Boyfriend Shirt

You can't go wrong with a plain white shirt and this oversized version is the perfect accompaniment to skinny jeans.  It balances out your silhouette and is the perfect attire for those long lunches when you don't want the attention on your food baby!

TWO - Reiss Annie Beanie

I love the look of long wavy hair snuggled under cute beanie hats and the bright fuchsia shade of this Reiss one is just to die for. It's a soft angora mix and is the perfect pop of colour to add to neutrals.

THREE - Topshop Zig Zag Snood

I have been lusting after a snood ever since I started seeing pic after pic on Pinterest of this versatile accessory.  A neutral snood seems to me like a wardrobe must have and looks great as part of a smart casual outfit.

FOUR - Tan Studded Chelsea Boots

I don't currently own any Chelsea Boots but after seeing them on this blog written by the gorgeous Michelle, I started to mentally couple them with loads of outfits I already own. The conclusion? I just have to get myself a pair. I love these tan ones with stud detail and the great thing about these boots is that the heel is practical and comfortable for day wear.  Let's face it, sky high stilettos aren't practical day-wear for 90 percent of women.  Boring but true.

FIVE - Betty Jackson Rose Gold Collar Necklace

I have been having a love affair with rose gold of late and it's showing no sign of waning.  I have been checking out some rose gold choker necklaces and this collar-style version from Betty Jackson appealed to me the most. I want to wear it with a crisp white shirt for a full on contrast.

SIX - Topshop Moto Coated Leigh Jeans

I am now a strictly skinny jeans kinda gal - gone are the boot cuts or flares from my wardrobe.  I have a range of colours at the moment but I have found myself lusting after an intense oxblood shade, gracing many a high street store lately.  Although I have swerved the leather-look trend so far, I am really keen to extend my coated/waxed jeans collection.  They have a sheen to them that is akin to leather but without the scary factor.  Saying that, I have just bought a pair of faux leather skinny trousers from Topshop. One of my new year's resolutions was to face my fears anyway!

4 comments:

  1. I have been living in those jeans recently, love them!
    Great pieces, gorgeous boots xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got those waxed jeans in black and khaki...but I need the oxblood ones xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)