Thursday, 3 January 2013

New Year's Day Outfit

After over-indulging during the Christmas period, I am definitely ready to start getting back on the straight and narrow healthy track.  As of today, I will be back to my low carb eating plan to help shift the 4lbs I put on over the festive period.  I feel like I need to give myself a kick up the backside and shake off this lethargic feeling I have been experiencing.

For my last day of bad eating though, I trundled over to my mum and dad's house for our traditional NY meal.  When choosing my outfit for New Year's Day, I considered the fact that I was feeling less than slim and plumped for an elasticated waist skirt and slightly over-sized jumper! Ahh the joy of elasticated waists!


I picked up the embellished jumper in Miss Selfridge for only £25 and I have to add a word of warning with regards to sizing - if you are ordering online then get a size or two below what you normally would.  This jumper is VERY over-sized and when I tried on my usual size, it looked like a potato sack! It was the mini cross embellishments that sold this jumper to me. I'm so predictable at times. 


Skirt: Zara
Boots: Zara
Bracelet: Zara
Ring: Miss Selfridge
Watch: Michael Kors
Nail Polish: Revlon Cherries In The Snow


The skirt was a Boxing Day sale bargain from Zara and I have to say that it's probably the comfiest skirt I own! The lace fabric over a nude underskirt creates a gorgeous contrast and it's a garment that really can be dressed up or down.  I am a big fan of versatile clothing like this.  It's ever so slightly A-line in shape but doesn't make your hips and thighs look chunky.  I also like the length which is short enough to feel dressy but not the kind of skirt you can't bend over in (maybe I should have re-phrased that last bit!).


I did also indulge in something else from Zara of the bag variety. This fringed olive green clutch bag caught my eye and although it's not the most practical, the heavy fringing spoke to me.  I felt like it was a very unusual colour and would look quite dramatic. I do have a love/hate relationship with clutch bags because they are so dependent on being held rather than flung over your shoulder or arm.  Rather annoying sometimes I have to admit. I found this fringed version sits most comfortably under your arm though.


I figured the Zara boots were cowboy style so a little fringe wouldn't hurt the outfit. It was completely unintentional but I like the combination of textures and once I flung on my new Zara khaki-trimmed scarf, it all came together nicely.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit xx

    http://littleandrandom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lau I've been thinking for a while now that you should do some updated diet and health posts, as I always loved them and it's clear that you've stuck to them. Always love hearing little tips and recipes etc x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think so? I didn't feel very healthy after all the food over Christmas.lol. I will see if I can put something together in the next couple of weeks. Just for you Chloe xx

      Delete
  3. You look stunning! Love your boots and skirt!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irina...that's very kind of you x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoes are totally stealing the show! And bag is a cherry on top :)
    what a rock chic outfit!

    Tanya
    http://style-stop.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the crosses, skulls and studs I think you definitely could describe it as rock chic x

      Delete
  6. Love the outfit!! I would never be able to tell you had put on any weight - The curse of christmas!

    http://thesecretlonging.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Hannah. I have been feeling rubbish lately but that's obviously because of all the junk I've eaten over Christmas.lol. Back to healthy eating thank god x

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)