Wednesday, 2 January 2013

The Embellished Boot

I am still in disbelief that we are entering into yet another year. Christmas seemed to fly past and after a lot of stress caused by a very near miss regarding flooding, I can't help but feel exhausted! 

Although most years I avoid the Boxing Day sales like the plague, I really felt like I needed some retail therapy.  So myself, my mum and my mother-in-law toddled off to find ourselves some bargains. I will be featuring some of the bits and pieces I picked up over my next couple of posts but for now I will share with you these utterly fabulous boots that my mum got me from Zara: 


You guys know I like a bit of studdage (yes, a word I have completely fabricated) and I tend to lean more towards boots that I can actually walk in all day.  That sounds dangerously sensible I know.  However I can't help but feel that this might be the perfect heel height for me at 3.5 inches.  It's the ideal height to elongate your legs in a flattering manner without forcing you to walk like a newly-born giraffe.  


I like to think of these boots as 'business in the front, party in the back'.  They are made from high quality leather and the embellishments feel sturdy - no one likes it when their studdage falls off!  The boots lend themselves well to tights, skinny jeans and leggings.  Given that I live in those three garments during the winter months, they present the perfect accompaniment.  These boots are down to just £29.99 in the sale so grab yourself a serious bargain if you like the look of them! 


I have found myself increasingly buying more of my clothes in Zara, but I also love their shoes and accessories.  During the Boxing Day Sale I picked myself up this skull bracelet which is made from a mixture of braided fabric and gold hardware.  I love the mini skull pendants and killer encrusted studs.



My mum also got me this gorgeous scarf from Zara with khaki studded sections along each side.  I did have a look for it on the Zara website but I can't see it so I would suggest having a look in your local store. I have found myself favouring black and neutral shades lately so this scarf has been the perfect accessory.



I do love a statement ring and I picked up this black one from Miss Selfridge:

8 comments:

  1. Naturally I LOVE everything you bought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like these goodies...I always love everything you wear xx

      Delete
  2. Good purchases! I havent braved setting foot in an actual store yet.... lots of people!! That and the fact ive been poorly! Love the boots! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was quite busy but not as bad as I thought it would be. Get well soon xxxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The boots are just gorgeous...love them. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are definitely worth a trip to a crowded Zara xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)