Friday, 4 January 2013

The Tiger Print Shirt

The description of this Zara shirt confused me from the start. Correct me if I'm wrong but the pattern features a tiger despite being called the 'Leopard-Print Long Shirt'.  Aside from my defiant dispute over the title of this shirt, I'm actually posting about it because I fell in love with it as soon as I put it on.  I'm not an avid animal print-wearer, often preferring a small smattering of the stuff when the mood takes me.  However, Zara have reinvented this fashionista fail safe and changed my perception of what animal print looks like.


Shirt: Zara
Necklace: Topshop
Watch: Michael Kors
Ring: Topshop

This long line shirt from the new Zara TRF collection is made from viscose which makes it lightweight and flattering.  The fabric does crease very easily but the casual nature of the design and cut means that creases can be forgiven.  It's unusual to find a shirt in this price bracket that flatters the figure and features a trend-based print such as this.  This shirt is perfect teamed with skinny jeans or buttoned up, with collar jewellery and worn tucked into a skirt. It's lightweight feel makes it very versatile to be worn under jumpers without bulking up your silhouette. Perfection.


My trundle around the sales recently was bountiful but one of my non-sale favourites was this Rose gold cord and hardware necklace from Topshop.  The thing about me is that I walk into the shop fully intending to trawl through the endless racks of muddled clothes but the new collection all shiny and neatly placed ALWAYS catches my eye.  Ever since I got my rose gold Michael Kors watch for my birthday, I have had somewhat of a love affair with the warm metallic shade.  Something I never thought I would say.


I was absolutely overjoyed to open one of my gifts from my parents on Christmas Day to unearth a 75ml heavy glass bottle of my second favourite perfume - the first being YSL Elle.  It initially smells of blackberries but has this musk and cedarwood base note that lingers beautifully.  I always tell myself I will save certain perfumes for special occasions only but I have worn this every day since I got it.  It will be my eighth bottle to date.


One product that definitely got me through winter was Aveeno Moisturising Creamy Oil.  I have repurchased this body moisturiser so many times now and I apply it every night without fail.  The formula is so light for the level of hydration it gives you.  It sinks in so quickly and you aren't left with any greasy/oily residue.  This is better than any high end body moisturiser I have tried to date - well worth trying.


I also wanted to share with you my go-to nude lip colour that I have been regularly reaching for lately.  Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Baby is ideal for my colouring because it's a nude shade that doesn't wash me out but it gives my lips definition without being too brown in tone.  The formulation is slightly glossy but feels smooth and comfortable to wear with no sticky residue.


To give you an idea of how it looks once applied, here's a pic of me wearing the lipstick from a previous post:


I always use a lip liner to define the outer edges of my lips. I feel like it's all too easy for a nude lipstick to cause your lips to disappear. I tend to steer clear of the paler nudes nowadays because looking back on some pictures of myself wearing them, they actually drain my face.  Such is life - you live, you learn.

What is your go-to nude lip shade at the moment?

9 comments:

  1. The shirt and necklace are gorgeous, very flattering on you. I wish I could find things like that when I go to the shops!

    I love Crystal Baby. I'm very pale and so its hard to find a nude that doesnt wash me out but this is perfect. Crystal Pink is also one of my favourites. I really want to get some more from this range as they are just such a lovely formula

    Jill x

    www.lovesbeautyaddiction.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all luck really and sometimes I find the best things when I try something I would never normally wear. It's good to experiment sometimes x

      Delete
  2. The necklace and the ring look absolutely fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irina...I'm a sucker for jewellery x

      Delete
  3. oooh I really like the Shirt and the necklace is stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shirt is just gorgeous...three people I know have bought it since they saw me wearing it x

      Delete
  4. That shirt is gorgeous and yes most definitely Tiger!!! Love the lipstick too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try the shirt on, it's so flattering and feels really soft x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)