Thursday, 24 January 2013

Wild About Beauty Divine Nights Palette: Part Two

Yesterday I promised I would post a second part to my review of the Wild About Beauty Divine Nights Palette and here it is!

I took all the photos in direct daylight to give a true representation of how the products look once applied.  You guys know I'm not one for piling on dark eye shadows because my deep set eyes can't handle that kind of intensity of colour.  I've always wanted to wear a full-on smokey eye but I'm a big believer in sticking to what suits you.  So I swayed on the daytime natural side with just a smidge of extra colour.



I primed the lid first to give something for the powder shadows to adhere to.  I used the palest shade Rowan all over the lid and up to the brow bone, then used a blending brush to apply the brown shade, Polly into the crease and outer edges of the lid.  I then used the purple shade, Heather, to add a bit of colour to the outer edges of the lid and also ran it a third underneath the eyes.  I used black liquid liner and then some of the Polly shade on top to soften the line.  I then applied the Glow Stick in Winston to add a highlight to the brow-bone and inner corners of the eyes.


Here are the swatches of the eye shadows: L-R
Rowan, Polly, Heather, Jody


I felt that the Rowan shade could have done with slightly more pigment but it still works well as a sheer wash for the lids acting as a base for the other shades.  You can build up the intensity with a dense eye shadow brush but it does take a little extra work.  The darker shades were a nice texture and had good pigmentation. I was especially impressed by the purple and green-toned gunmetal shade.  On first impressions I wasn't sure how flattering those shades would be however I have used both of them for the last couple of days and, used in the correct way, they are very easy to wear.


I love the Molly powder blush product - it had fantastic pigmentation, goes on smoothly and really lasts throughout the day.  I will definitely be picking up the full-size version because the colour is right up my street. It has a very natural appearance on the skin and gives a lovely subtle flush of colour to your cheeks.


I was very impressed with the Glow Stick in Winston. It gives a gorgeous natural ethereal glow that doesn't look like a product - it just looks like you have glowy skin.  The Glow Stick is I wanted to try and capture the effect of the Glow Stick on my cheekbones and I think I just about managed it here:


I have to apologise profusely for my goose-pimpled arm in this next shot.  I do have an explanation for this. The heating went off in the bedroom where I always take my pictures - due to the abundance of natural light.  So, I just couldn't heat up when I was in there and ended up having to take the picture of my hideously lumpy arm.


I used a mixture of the Multi-Purpose Tint in Lynne and the Nutrilips Gloss in Louloubella on my lips in these pics.  I absolutely love both of these products and they work so well at creating a glossy, natural pout.  They both feel so comfortable to wear and definitely have a moisturising effect.  Perfect for those days when you want a no-fuss lip product that looks fresh.


If you like the look of this pretty palette then now is the time to pick it up for the reduced price of £19.30 here.

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty look. I love your hair color btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on, you barely look like you've used any eyeshadow! What's the point in reviewing dark eyeshadows when you're not really using them? Remember how you said you'd never wear bright lipsticks? Well you changed your mind easily enough there - give some eyeshadow a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louisa, I think the lighting may have washed out the colour as it certainly looks darker in real life. I was actually experimenting with it yesterday and tried using the darker colours under my eye and to make the lid shade more intense. To be quite honest it looks terrible. I looked like I hadn't slept in a month. I wish my eyes could take the weight of an intense look but they just cant and it doesn't suit me. I've also had a smokey eye done by a professional make up artist and she too agreed that it didn't suit me. She took it all off and started again. It's always good to try new things but not at the expense of what suits you. I've always been one to stay true to what I like. I'm sorry if this is disappointing but that's just me.

      Delete
  3. Please note that the above was meant in a lighthearted way! Lon time follower of the blog, please don't take offence, I'd just love to see you do something different with your make up as I think your face could take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I respect the fact that you want to see something different but I think everyone has a comfort zone. I'm always trying new things and new ways to do my make-up. I love wearing bright colours now but I would never wear blue or purple lipsticks because it would look silly on me and I don't have the style to carry it off. I haven't taken offence by your comments. I hope you can respect my opinion x

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks amazing in this Laura x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Holly...just had it cut...that's probably why x

      Delete
  5. You look stunning!! I really love this palette. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, you're very sweet x

      Delete
  6. I love your hair so much!! So very pretty!
    I have the same problem with my eyes and i really just can't do darker shades-so love the review of the light ones. I really like the look of Rowan.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila for your kind words and for taking the time to comment. Some people don't understand that I just can't wear a full on smokey eye...it looks terrible on me x

      Delete
  7. You look lovely! This palette doesn't look like something I'd be too concerned about but when you see it on it looks beautiful! No chance I'd be able to make it look that good!

    Jo x

    pinupsandpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can do it then anyone can.lol. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)