Friday, 1 February 2013

Pinterest-Inspired Ebay Goodies

Pinterest is a wonderous, addictive, fabulous, money-draining, inspiring, black hole of a site.  I can find myself happily pinning away for hours upon hours.  By the time I'm finished I often wonder where the time went.  It's often where the little seeds of interest are sown with regards to fashion.  I gaze in awe at how someone has put an outfit together and then proceed to stalk the internet in an attempt to find something similar.  Copy-cat style is ok from a distance, right?  This post is dedicated to some bits I picked up on Ebay which were all inspired by something I spotted on Pinterest.  The items I bought aren't all EXACTLY like the images I saw on Pinterest, some are just inspired by them.

Pinterest Inspiration


There was a time when I would exclusively wear very delicate jewellery but lately I have increasingly found myself being drawn towards larger, more statement pieces.  I am not very religious, more spiritual if I'm being specific, but I have this thing about crosses.  I seem to be drawn to them, which probably explains a couple of my recent wins on Ebay.  I had started my search looking for a chunky gold necklace but as the search went on, my eyes drifted towards this...

My Ebay Purchase


Chunky Multi-Cross Necklace - Link

Pinterest Inspiration


I have started somewhat of a collection of snoods now and after seeing the above image I had my heart set on one with a cross pattern.

My Ebay Purchase


Primark Cross Pattern Snood - Link

Pinterest Inspiration


Lately I had been lusting after Chelsea Boots, more specifically the heeled versions.  I have always felt my feet are too big to get away with flat boots.  The version I bought has a chunky, comfortable heel AND studs. Perfect with skinny jeans, skirts and tights and leggings. I decided to go with the tan version because I already have my studded heel Zara boots in black.

My Ebay Purchase




Tan Studded Chelsea Boot - Link

Pinterest Inspiration


After seeing this rather simple grey mini-skirt on Pinterest, I knew I wanted something similar to team with my Zara shirts and chunky jumpers.  The version I got from Ebay is very similar and has an exposed zip at the back. You can't go wrong with neutrals.

My Ebay Purchase


Grey Mini-Skirt - Link

Pinterest Inpiration


Pinterest Inspiration


My Ebay Purchase


Given that the weather has been so cold lately, I felt like I should really have some lovely hats as an addition to my current wardrobe.  I love the look of wavy hair popping out the bottom of a cosy beanie.  I never expected to find the exact Reiss hat I was looking for but it just so happened that the Ebay gods were smiling down on me that day.  I also found the fuschia angora Reiss hat and it's absolutely gorgeous.  These were from private sellers but they may pop up on Ebay so keep a look out.

Pinterest Inspiration


My Ebay Purchase


These are Topshop faux leather skinny trousers and I won them for under a tenner.  They are sort of a mix between faux leather leggings and skinny trousers with just a little stretch in them.  I have seen so many images on Pinterest of gorgeous outfits featuring leather trousers...I just had to have them.  I plan on wearing mine with oversized cosy jumpers or oversized shirts coupled with my Zara khaki parka.

There are loads of versions of these on Ebay so it's really worth having a look to grab yourself a bargain.

7 comments:

  1. Great pieces I'm loving crosses just now too! What a steal those trousers were, fab :)
    Xx

    http://littleandrandom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything you bought! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything you bought Laura! I'd love a necklace just like the one in the first pic, it's so unique xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second image off pintrest down simpe yet stunning - love the cross snood!

    Hayley
    www.beautyrambles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lovely

    I'm your newest follower from LaurenConrad.com
    Love, love your Awesome Blog!

    Feel free to drop by & follow my blog @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Serious love your style! Inspired! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)